Home Forums Fashionic WordPress Theme video post with heading and border

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  redefiningnude 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

redefiningnude
    Participant

hello! i am having trouble with my video post. it isn’t automatically putting the block style border around it. And is it possible to put a heading underneath it?

http://redefiningnude.com/recommended-reading/

thanks!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -add border to video block:
    open file style.css and add this at the bottom:
    .layout-video {background-color: rgb(227, 219, 219)}
    -add heading
    open file functions/include_block.php and find this line:
    } //End video_embed ?>
    replace it with:
    } //End video_embed ?><h3><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></h3>
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

thanks!

redefiningnude
    Participant

another question! is it possible to have different background colors for different pages? for example, i like the grey background on my catalogue page and recommended reading page, but would rather have white for the home page and contact page?

thanks!

redefiningnude
    Participant

also is it possible to have more than 11 sidebars? or is it possible to use 1 side bar template and customize it per page?

what i’d like to do is have different text and a different image for 28 different posts in the side bar. visually it would be laid out the same but the content would be different? is there a way to customize the content for each post?

http://redefiningnude.com/models/test-model-page/

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -open file style.css and add this at the bottom for change background color:
    body.page-id-46{background-color:#fff}
    body.page-id-2{background-color:#fff}
    body.page-id-78{background-color:#ccc}
    body.page-id-76{background-color:#ccc}
    -for sidebar customize, you can add more than 11 sidebar from file functions.php by duplicate the ‘register_sidebar’ statement, but the sidebar need widgets to be supplied, so I think this we can not help you. Maybe you need some plugins to do this, not sure.
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

thanks!

that fixed the contact page but the home screen is doing something strange? it’s still grey and lost the floating circle effect.

i want to repeat the floating circle effect on the models page. similar to a question i asked previous. is there a way to to that for the models page as well

Johnny
    Participant

hi, add this codes:

body.page-id-2 #item-wrap{background-color:#fff}
    body.page-id-26 #item-wrap{background-color:#fff}
    body.page-id-26 {background-color:#fff}

floating effect please check page option ‘Enable Gallery Posts Block Mouseover Effect’
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

thank you, thank you, thank you! fixed my problem!

one more question (sorry things keep coming up!)

http://www.uiueux.com/wp/fashionic/2012/08/28/gallery-post-product-design-07-2/

i really like how on these pictures you can use the arrows to scroll through them. how do you set the images to do that?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please set post options like attached image guided.
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

hi again!

I did the coding to add more side bars but in the post page only 11 side bars are showing up! is there a way to specify which posts get which side bars in the code?

thanks

redefiningnude
    Participant

never mind! figured it out! thanks though!

redefiningnude
    Participant

okay now i do have a question!

you wrote me a bit of code to make the backgrounds transparent on the circle pictures of my homepage

http://redefiningnude.com/

i wanted the same for the models page

http://redefiningnude.com/models/

i don’t mind the block look when you hover the mouse over but when you are resizing the page, i prefer the circles to appear floating over each other instead of floating on blocks over each other? instead of the white, i’d like it to be transparent, the png image has no background but it does on this screen. is there another place i can put that code in to make this page behave like the home screen circles.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try this, open file js/main.js and remove this line:
    jQuery('li.item > .gallerylayout').css('background', smallBlockBg);
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

still having trouble, the js file won’t open. i downloaded WP editor but i keep getting a thing that says warning. Any ideas?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please download file js/mian.js through ftp, after updated it, uploaded it though ftp.
    Thank you

redefiningnude
    Participant

worked like a charm! thanks again!

redefiningnude
    Participant

actually! it removed the backgrounds on my other gallery pages. is there a way to just have that one page have the no block background effect. I like it on the the other pages.

redefiningnude
    Participant

gosh never mind! silly me! i set the images with a background color!

redefiningnude
    Participant

hi again! i’m having trouble password protecting a page. i’m not sure why? is there anything built into the code that would prevent me from password protecting the page?

Johnny
    Participant

redefiningnude
    Participant

hmm, still having trouble, it will let me make other pages password protected but not gallery pages.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, the gallery page with template ‘list page’ will not work on password protected because this kind is a container of individual posts. only individual post can be password protected. sorry about this.
    Thank you

redefiningnude
    Participant

Thats okay! I downloaded a widget for the site. Although I am having trouble with a gallery page that isn’t keeping a white background. on my interact page, it’s keeping a grey background, is there anything I can do to fix this.

http://redefiningnude.com/interact/

(the password is friendsandfamily)

redefiningnude
    Participant

figured it out! nevermind! thank you!

redefiningnude
    Participant

i’m still not getting the arrow keys to move through the slider on the posts. is there a way to set those so users can manually flip through the pictures?

redefiningnude
    Participant

also, my gallery upload doesn’t seem to be working, i keep getting a loading symbol so it won’t let me add or remove photos to the slider!

redefiningnude
    Participant

i may have figured out why i am having a problem with the arrows. it is because my background is white and the arrows are white. is there a way to change the color of the arrows?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please using attached image replace file fashionic\js\themes\classic\classic-map.png
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

i replaced it and it is still not showing, is there another way I can change it?

redefiningnude
    Participant

hi again! fixed the arrows but running into a weird problem now.

if you go to http://www.redefiningnude.com/models some of the images aren’t showing and some of the previews aren’t working. i was just going to redo the page but if you know why it might be doing this and had some advice i would truly appreciate it!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please make sure the images are there, you could check them from media libray.
    Best

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please make sure the images are there, you could check them from media libray.
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

the images seem to be there, they are even in the file manager could it be a javascript bug? if it was, would there be a file i could replace?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, I think the images are no there. see attahced image please.
    Best

redefiningnude
    Participant

thank you for looking at that, turns out the path was wrong in the options folder.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.