Home Forums Flowfolio WordPress Theme Video – full screen – Flowfolio theme

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kriskrads
    Participant

Want to know how I can use an embed code for Vimeo or youtube instead of just the link? What I am trying to do is to get the video in the background to scale into full screen and loop – just as the pictures do? Please give me a solution, have been trying to find it all over the net with out any luck?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  kriskrads.

BWSM
    Keymaster

You leave 2 questions, did you?

– The first is: use embed video in post not fullscreen style
    You could inset embed video code in standard post.

– The second: Did you means to use the BG fullscreen loop video replace as the fullscreen slider for whole site?
    It needs to make some custom codes work. please make sure, I think to guide you

Best,Bwsm

kriskrads
    Participant

Thank you for your response

Actually I am asking about one thing – when I am using video background in a post I want to be able to have it in fullscreen and scale responsively with the browser. That is why I am asking if there could be used an embed code instead of a link when putting video in as a background. You can see an example at KRADS INFO on the page http://www.korkwork.com

But if you could help me with changing code if needed then please – I would really like the video background to scale and go in fullscreen, also would like to have the option to set it to loop?

Best regards

Kriskrads

kriskrads
    Participant

Also wanted to ask about how I could keep the logo static over all posts, would not disappear with the menu?

Sorry to mix this question into this topic but could not find option to start a new topic here?

regards

Kriskrads

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you mean that the video to fill the screen? We need to make some test.

Fot the logo problem, please check the post: http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/how-to-make-the-menu-always-be-displayed/

Best,Bwsm

kriskrads
    Participant

Hi

Yes thats what I mean – the video in the background fills the screen and scales if browser changes – just like the gallery background.

That is why I wonder why I can only put in link to video for the background in post but not embed code – if you make a test here is a link to a solution I found for you tube : http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/19913/play-video-full-screen-automatically-like-on-alder

I prefer to use Vimeo though

Thanks for the link for the logo will look into it

Best regards

Kriskrads

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Kriskrads,

We improved some code, please download and unzip, replace single.php and style.css to theme folder

Notice: open a private window test to prevent the effects of cache

Best,Bwsm

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  BWSM.

kriskrads
    Participant

Hi BWSM

Thank you for that – it is smoother now – the small preview in the upper left corner does not pop up now, goes straight to background video.

You can see it at http://www.korkwork.com under the menu list KRADS INFO

It is still not responsive – it takes the size of the browser for the width of the video – but then leaves black area in top and bottom and locks the size of the video so if you change the size of the browser with video running it does not change.

I would really like to have the video background work just as the gallery background?

Is there no possibility for a user to put in the embed code instead of link in the post? It says EMBED CODE over the field for the input but only link work – code never works?

Again thanks for the help

regards
    Kriskrads

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Kriskrads,

I did not find a perfect solution, I create a code demo as the link you pasted, it still has black border. There is a css stick solution mentioned in the post, it is responsive, but it is not fit our theme. Because the video out wrap of is always fit to video ratio. Our theme wrap needs to fit device screen. It it is conflicted.

We used the Galleria js plugin for gallery post and background video. It needs the video link not embed code.

Best,Bwsm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.