Home Forums Air WordPress Theme Using a different font

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

benconnolly
    Participant

I’m trying to use Futura Heavy font for my headings and body text.

How do I do that? (The FAQ topic wasn’t clear enough for me).

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Futura Heavy font is not form Google fonts, is it? You need define the font by css:

Step 1. Please upload the font files(like: otf, woff2, maybe there are other format…) to your web site space by FTP

Step 2. Define the font by CSS @font-face, you can write the css-code into “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS” or CSS file of child theme, the CSS code is a sample, you can refer your font Doc(if it has).

@font-face {
        font-family: TheFontName; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; 
        src: url('http://yoursite.com/styles/fonts/TheFontName.woff') format('woff'),url('styles/fonts/Inconsolata-Regular.ttf') format('truetype');
    }

Step 3. Assign the fonts by css”Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS”:

/* Heading font */
    body.single .title-wrap-tit,.title-wrap-h1, .archive-grid-item-tit,.title-wrap-meta-a,.archive-grid-item-meta-item,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Body text */
    body,.single-portfolio-fullscreen-slider .owl-dot.active{font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Menu */
    .navi-trigger-text, #navi-header a,.header-bar-social .socialmeida-a,#navi a {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

——–
    TIPS: If you use the default font like “Arial”, please ignore step1-2, assign the fonts as step3 like:
    body { font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; }

——-
    Common safe system fonts:
    Arial => font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    Helvetica => font-family: helvetica, sans-serif;
    Times => font-family: “Times Roman”, times, serif;
    Times New Roman =>font-family:”Times New Roman”, “Times Roman”, TimesNR, times, serif;

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  BWSM.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.