Home Forums ZA WordPress Theme theme not working when installing multilingual plugin

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  quba 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

quba
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried to install the language plugin “Polylang”, when I activated it I couldn’t see anymore the content of the pages, just the homepage. Once deactivated everything works as before.
    Is there any way to use that plugin? From the reviews i saw it is the best free plugin for translations and I would like to use it without buy the WPML.

Thanks in advance!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hello,

I tested the “Polylang” on local just now. Even I use wordpress default theme, a page don’t shown. I don’t know where I set wrongly. Could you please leave your wp-admin(url/user/pass) as private reply, I’ll log in to check it.

Cheers!
    Bwsm – uiueux.com
    Twitter Facebook

quba
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

quba
    Participant

BWSM
    Keymaster

The WPML is compatible.

BWSM
    Keymaster

quba
    Participant

I see, the worst thing was when I tried to change the menu, this error was coming up:
    Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in /htdocs/public/maglieria-maso/wp-content/plugins/qtranslate-x/admin/qtx_admin.php on line 27

Anyway I already purchased WPML.
    It will be ok if I just uninstall qTranslate and install WPML or do I have to do a deeper clean?

Thanks very much for your help!

BWSM
    Keymaster

quba
    Participant

hello again,
    I’m working with WPML now, I still having one of the problems; I duplicate the italian page, then I select “Translate independently” ( as said in the instructions), then, when I change the content in english it changes also in italian.
    I tried in two different pages with the same result, may be both pages were copied before, but what should I do? create a new page when the original one has been cloned before?
    I got another problem with the menu also. As you see in the images there is the italian menu with an arrow next to the italian flag, when I press that arrow the menu disappear as seen in the second image. Is that normal. Should I contact WPML support for that?

Thanks so much and sorry about the inconveniences.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  quba.

BWSM
    Keymaster

… I duplicate the italian page …

Is the page you talked built by Pagebuilder? Please notice:
    5. Please don't use orgin modules, please clone or create new one module to edit for copied pages. (refer <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwl5cc9ckdctrcz/pb-wpml.mp4?dl=0">video guide</a>)
    I create a demo page here: http://maglieria-maso.quba.it/en/demo-page/

I got another problem with the menu also. …

Yes, it is normal. I don’t suggest use the menu for translate trigger on menu, plz try to close it on WPML panel. Open Layout/WMPL on theme options. (Fw: the trigger is Text not flag, if you want flag, I’ll tell you how to do )

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  BWSM.

quba
    Participant

Hello!
    Ok, now I see, I didn’t get the meaning of “clone or create new one module to edit for copied pages”, now is working.

In the menu I still having the arrow, where is it coming form?

Thanks so much!

BWSM
    Keymaster

It should come from the settings of WPML. I can’t read Italian, so I can’t find it on your admin.

quba
    Participant

Ok, I will ask WPML support then.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.