Home Forums Theone WordPress Theme Standard WP "read more" tag not working in text module

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

natuerlich
    Participant

Hello,

I am adding text to the one page via the text module using the integrated WP text editor. I would like to add the “read more” feature (<!–more–>) but it does not seem to work with this theme.
    Is there an alternative? You don’t seem to have a shortcode for it either.

Thanks for your help.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we don’t support the show-more shortcode in Theone theme.

I don’t know where do you use it. Did you mean use the shortcode in a one-page?
    This shortcode is not work in any “page”, it is used in single post normally, it is not work in single post either, it only works on archive page. You can test it in a WordPress default theme.

Regards!

natuerlich
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

It’s very unfortunate, that your theme does not support the show-more function in the text. Could you please suggest a workaround?

I am creating a one page (obviously), but I have a lot of text which I would like to only display, if the visitor wants to read it. I am using the page builder/text module to insert the text (not a blog post).

Any help?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

The default show-more shortcode doesn’t work in any “page” within any theme, It is only for single post. Even Theone theme support it, it doesn’t work for a ONE-PAGE.

You need to change a way to do it. Please try to install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-more/

But I worry it will be affect the one-page-scroll posintion, you need test it.

Regards!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.