Home Forums Theone WordPress Theme Some usability fixes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vitious
    Participant

Hi, since there’s a new version coming soon I’d like to point out some more usability fixes that might help and improve the experience:
    1. When browsing a portfolio content page set on left or right (not fullwidth) on a mobile screen the actual image comes after the tags and the share section. This is wrong from the viewer’s perspective, image should in any case come first.
    2. There’s no pinch to zoom, while this could be good, sometimes users want to see the pictures better and zoom on the details.

Could these be fixed somehow?

Thanks in advance,
    Alessandro

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Alessandro, thanks for your suggest.

1) please put the code to custom css box(wp-admin/theone/general settings), the image wrap would be shown below the information bar.

.ux-mobile .gallery-wrap-sidebar {
    display: -webkit-flex; display: flex;  -webkit-flex-direction: column; flex-direction: column;
    }
    .ux-mobile .gallery-images-wrap {
      order:-1;
    }
    .ux-mobile .gallery-info-wrap {
      margin-top: 40px;
    }

2) Did you mean add the lightbox to all image of portfolio post?

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get the latest version information.

vitious
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply!
    1. Yes, the code works and the page reads better, but the sidebar with post meta (categories, tags and share) now gets moved to the bottom of the page and it should, instead, follow the picture. Order should be: title; content; picture; meta; previous/next; related; comments. This way people wouldn’t have to scroll the whole page to reach info like post date, categories and tags. Anyway, thanks for your works, I’m just giving suggestions..

2. I think lightbox should stay as it is, it’s really minimal and nice. What I mean is the pinch to zoom functionality on mobile devices, i.e. using two fingers to zoom the screen. Right now the feature is disabled, I think by lines 30++ of interface-functions.php

//Function Web Head Viewport
    function ux_interface_webhead_viewport(){
    	$enable_responsive = ux_get_option('theme_option_mobile_enable_responsive');

if($enable_responsive){ ?>
    		<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
    	<?php
    	}
    }

This function tells devices to stay 1:1. Try setting, for example, maximum-scale=2, and zoom on a mobile device. You’ll zoom the website, which is really a default for readability, especially for high quality portfolio pictures. So, no lightbox, just fingers zoom 😉

3. Another fixt you might want to test: set a divider to text and line, then align the text to center and save. Then set the same divider to single line, and save. You’ll get two single lines instead of one. I think it’s a logical issue in this function modules/divider.php 42++:

<?php if($text_align == 'center'){
    	echo $separator_inn;
    	} 
    echo $divider_title;
    echo $separator_inn;
    ?>

Again, thanks for the theme and the support, hope to be helpful,
    Alessandro

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Alessandro, you are welcome, it is our job. 🙂

Thanks for your suggest again.

1) I know your meaning. The css could not be archive it, it needs js to re-order the elements. I will take some test in next days.

2) For the limit scale in mobile, we have to use it, most of themes in Themeforest use this way. It is a responsive rule almost. Off course, you could remove the code if you want to the page zoomed.
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

3) Thanks for friendly mention, I’ll check it

Best,Bwsm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.