Home Forums Art WordPress Theme Small changes and various issues on mobile website

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

annecgdnt
    Participant

Hi Bwsm team!

First of all, thanks for developing the Art theme for WP, it’s so neat and I’m super happy to be using it so far. 🙂

I’ve started building my portfolio with it, and I have a couple questions regarding things I’d like to change (probably possible by using some custom css) as well as some issues on the mobile version of my website. Hopefully you’ll be able to help!

===========

So, to start with, the things I’d like to change:

1.1 – For portfolio items, I’m using the “standard gallery” layout so far. I’d love it to have a video as a title image for some portfolio items, would that be possible? If so, how?

1.2 – I have a link redirecting to my facebook in the menu, would it be possible to add the fontawesome FB logo there, instead of the “facebook” text?

1.3 – In firefox, the little “line/arrow” on the bottom of my homepage, that allows to go back to the top of the page doesn’t always appear. Is there are way to fix that?

1.4 – On my homepage, I added a grid with portfolio items, and with the hover effect, the category appears on top of the project’s title. Would there be way to have it below the title?

1.5 – Still on my homepage, I have this text saying “Hey, I’m Anne.” I’ve set it to be an H1 and I’ve set a custom class so that I could add some custom css to it in order to make it the font weight black, however, it doesn’t seem to take it and it keeps displaying it in bold. I’m so desperate, how can I make it black instead of bold?

1.6 – Is it possible to customise the contact form (by adding/removing some fields, for example)?

===========

And now, the issues on the mobile version:

2.1 – There seems to be an issue with the “prev.” and “next” texts on portfolio pages. They are positioned way too much on the side, and you can barely see them (see screenshot 1 below). I’d be really glad if I could fix this issue, is there a way to do it?

2.2 – I think the header/menu bar is really close to the content of my home page (screenshot 2). I’m wondering if it’d be possible to add some margin underneath it?
    Also, I find the logo doesn’t have as much space around as on the desktop version of the header/menu bar (screenshot 3), is it possible to add some padding to it?

2.3 – Also related to the header on mobile, but this time on portfolio pages. I think it’d look nicer if the header there was a solid colour (instead of transparent. Basically, like on the homepage, see screenshot 4). Would that be possible?

2.4 – On my homepage on mobile, the last picture of the portfolio grid item seems to be cut on the bottom (screenshot 5). Any reason why this happens? Can this be fixed?

I think that’s about it. I realise this is a lot of questions, and hopefully you’ll be able to help me with at least a few (if not all) of them. 🙂

Thanks in advance for your reply and support!

Best,
    Anne

===========

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Screenshot 4:

Screenshot 5:

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  annecgdnt.

annecgdnt
    Participant

*Edit for 1.2:
    I’ve actually managed to add the FB icon, with the social media links section in theme options, however, now it’s not showing in the menu on mobile. Is it possible to add it there as well?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme.

1.1. I am very clear. Please explain what’s “title image”. Better have a screenshot. Thanks!

1.2 The social icons should be in expanded menu panel(bottom)

1.3 Please paste the custom css code to “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS”

#back-top  {
        -webkit-transform: scale(1) translateY(-50%);
        -moz-transform: scale(1) translateY(-50%);
        -ms-transform: scale(1) translateY(-50%);
        transform: scale(1) translateY(-50%);
    }

1.4 There is not the option. It is possible by custom coding job, but it’s not included in our Free Support scope. You can hire a program engineer to work on it or use our charging services

1.5 / 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4
    I need to check the live page. Please leave your website URL. Thanks!

1.6 Please refer: https://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/how-to-modify-contact-form-in-art-theme/#post-16359

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

annecgdnt
    Participant

Thanks for your reply!
    I managed to fix the back to top arrow on Firefox already 🙂 And also some other little things.

For 1.1 (the video as title image), here’s a screenshot: http://www.annegodinat.ch/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Screenshot-VideoTitle.png

You can disregard 2.2, I managed to change that with some custom CSS 🙂

For 1.5, 2.1, 2.3 and 2.4 the URL is: annegodinat.ch/home

Regarding 1.4, how much would that cost to use your charging services?

Thanks,
    Anne

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  annecgdnt.

BWSM
    Keymaster

For 1.1 (the video as title image), here’s a screenshot: http://www.annegodinat.ch/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Screenshot-VideoTitle.png

The screenshot url is broken.

1.5 If you want to use Lato 900, please define the Lato 900 font also in: BM Font Management > Fonts Definition
    There only Lato 300 700 defined defined.

2.1 / 2.3 / 2.4
    Please paste the custom css code to “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS”

@media (max-width: 767px) {
     .responsive-ux .post-navi-single {  padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 20px; }
     .non_bg_header.single-ux-portfolio #header {  background-color: #EFEFEF;!important; }
     .module-id-1528835363724 .grid-item {  position: static!important;}
     .module-id-1528835363724 .container-masonry .masonry-list { height: auto!important; }
    }
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  BWSM.

BWSM
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

annecgdnt
    Participant

The screenshot url is broken.

Here’s one that should work (hopefully): https://cloud.hoststar.ch/s/RPo7V2RyPDbjSdj

1.5 If you want to use Lato 900, please define the Lato 900 font also in: BM Font Management > Fonts Definition

I have already tried that. It works, but the problem is that it then sets Lato 900 for all H1-H6 tags. I would actually like all titles (H1-H6) to be bold, eEXCEPT for that specific instance. That’s why I’ve tried to use custom CSS to make only that one black, but unfortunately, this isn’t working… Is there a way to “override” the defined font at that place?

2.1 / 2.3 / 2.4
    Please paste the custom css code to “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS”

I’ve tried copy/pasting the code, but unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to fix these…

1.4 it needs USD $40.00

Okay, thanks for the info. I’ll think about this. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  annecgdnt.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  annecgdnt.

BWSM
    Keymaster

1.1 – For portfolio items, I’m using the “standard gallery” layout so far. I’d love it to have a video as a title image for some portfolio items, would that be possible? If so, how?
    Here’s one that should work (hopefully): https://cloud.hoststar.ch/s/RPo7V2RyPDbjSdj

Thanks for screenshot, it is not possible to add cover video for “Standard” template

I have already tried that. It works, but the problem is that it then sets Lato 900 for all H1-H6 tags. I would actually like all titles (H1-H6) to be bold, eEXCEPT for that specific instance. That’s why I’ve tried to use custom CSS to make only that one black, but unfortunately, this isn’t working… Is there a way to “override” the defined font at that place?

You need define in Lato 900 in “Fonts Definition”. Set specific instance as Lato 900 by custom css.
    You still set “Content Heading 1-6” is Lato bold in “Fonts Assignment”.

2.1 / 2.3 / 2.4

I’ve tried copy/pasting the code, but unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to fix these…

I checked your page, some space is gone.
    Please copy the css, don’t change any code.

@media (max-width: 767px) {
     .responsive-ux .post-navi-single {  padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 20px; }
     .non_bg_header.single-ux-portfolio #header {  background-color: #EFEFEF;!important; }
     .module-id-1528835363724 .grid-item {  position: static!important;}
     .module-id-1528835363724 .container-masonry .masonry-list { height: auto!important; }
    }

BWSM
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

annecgdnt
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for all the support! It’s really appreciated!

it is not possible to add cover video for “Standard” template

Would that be possible with some custom coding? If so, how much would that cost?
    Also, is any other template allowing this?

You need define in Lato 900 in “Fonts Definition”. Set specific instance as Lato 900 by custom css.
    You still set “Content Heading 1-6” is Lato bold in “Fonts Assignment”.

I’ve defined Lato 900 in font definition, but this still isn’t working. I’ve sent you the login URL and admin log-in so you can check… maybe you find a way.

I checked your page, some space is gone.
    Please copy the css, don’t change any code.

This worked, except for 2.4…

Thanks again for all the help!

Best,
    Anne

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  annecgdnt.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  annecgdnt.

annecgdnt
    Participant

Hi again 🙂

I’ve actually decided to use another font than Lato and I managed to change the font weight on the homepage with that new font… so you can disregard 1.5 🙂

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, welcome!

it is not possible to add cover video for “Standard” template
    Would that be possible with some custom coding? If so, how much would that cost?
    Also, is any other template allowing this?

Yes, it needs custom coding, please make sure:
    – Is the cover video click-to-play or autoplay? Is embed video(Youtube or Vimeo)?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.