Home Forums Blogary WordPress Theme Sidebar in Category page (archive.php)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  daviddietz 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

daviddietz
    Participant

Everything is coming along smoothly with the integration of your theme. I can’t, however, figure out how to get the sidebar on the category view page (archive.php). Also, how do I go about removing the “Length (min read)” and the “Category” breadcrumb from that page? I’d also be interested in possibly keeping the breadcrumb if the categories could be separated by “\” marks.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  daviddietz.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme

– how to get the sidebar on the category view page (archive.php).
    Download the file and unzip it. Login Ftp, upload/replace the archive.php.

– how do I go about removing the “Length (min read)” and the “Category” breadcrumb from that page?
    Plz login wp-admin, go to Blogary(Theme Options) / General Settings. Add the css to Custom CSS box

body.archive .blog-unit-meta>span:first-child,
    body.archive .blog-unit-meta>span:nth-child(2) {display: none;} 

– I’d also be interested in possibly keeping the breadcrumb if the categories could be separated by “\” marks.
    I am not clear where you mentioned, plz leave your url.

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  BWSM.

daviddietz
    Participant

Thanks for your answers. The part I’m talking about keeping is actually what you just helped me hide:
    body.archive .blog-unit-meta>span:first-child
    You can see it at http://todayindietzville.com/category/posts/recipes/sides/

It currently shows, “In: Posts Recipes Sides Snacks”
    I’d like it to be, “In: posts\recipes\sides\snacks”.

As a side note for anyone interested after purchasing this theme:
    To show the current category title when viewing individual category pages, you can replace:
    _e('Archives', 'ux');

with:
    _e(''.single_cat_title().'', 'ux');

on archives.php.

BWSM
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

You could edit the line 1057 of ../functions/interface/interface-functions.php:
    echo '<span class="article-meta-unit">' . __('In: ','ux'); the_category(' '); echo '</span>';
    change as:
    echo '<span class="article-meta-unit">' . __('In: ','ux'); the_category(' / '); echo '</span>';

Thanks for the nice tip 🙂

daviddietz
    Participant

Ok. Thanks. On my interface-functions.php page, it was actually lines 1071 &/or 1073 that your suggested code worked on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.