Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Question about images border

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  petergala 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

thiagors
    Participant
    Purchased

Hello again,

I bought your template. I asked you some questions earlier but what I would like to know in general is if it is possible to make all images on template appear without borders. The images on “Home”, on “Portfolio page” and on “Gallery Format Post”.

Is it the function SPACER you told me earlier? Can I edit its value through WordPress interface or do I have to edit it directly on the code?

Sorry for my newbie questions and thank you in advance.

Edit: to illustrate what I am asking, I would like the Portfolio Page to be like this example:
    http://www.futurebrand.com/our-work

And the Gallery Format Post to be like these examples:
    http://sweetyand.co/portfolio/mh/
    http://sweetyand.co/portfolio/rawcha/

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  thiagors.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme

For portfolio list page,
    – you need put the project page(gallery posts) into a category.
    – add a new page, choose template “Custom Grid portfolio”, choose the category, click the button “edit your portfolio layout”:
    Arnold
    – the drag&drop panel will popup, edit them
    – set the spacer and list width as:
    space

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

For the gallery post, set spacer here:
    (There is not the option in this version, we’ll add it toady(release version 1.0.4), please download on Themeforest tomorrow and update the Arnold theme)
    space

Tips: How to update WordPress theme?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  SeaTheme.

thiagors
    Participant
    Purchased

Thank you so much.

It’s clear to me now.

thiagors
    Participant
    Purchased

Hello,

I installed Arnold template and I’m very satisfied with it. There’s a lot of customization and options! It’s incredible.

However, now I have some other questions:

1) On home, using “standard grid portfolio” as Page Template, the mouse over effect on images is not working. If I change the grid to “custom layout” or “masonry”, the over effects works normally. It also shows the option on the menu to change the desired effect, but on “standard grid” this option doesn’t exists.

2) How do I disable comments section on a Gallery Format Post, using Standard as Layout Template? If I use “Big Title”, for example, there is no comments section. But I want to use “Standard” and also don’t have comments section.

3) I’m noticing a 1 pixel white line on some images, on Gallery Format Post. Check this link, please:

Gallo Loco

Notice how image “28.jpg” have a white line under it. Image “18.png”, for example, also have it.
    Is it a bug?

4) When I click on a “Social network icon” on the footer, the link opens on the same page. How can I edit it to open on a new window? (this same thing happens here on your forum, If i click on any of the social networks icons)

Thank you for your attention.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  thiagors.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

1) there is not “over effects” for standard grid template, you could use the custom portfolio to create grid, it is more flexible.

2) For any template of gallery post, you can disable/enable comment, please refer: http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/disable-comments/#post-9234

3) Please login wp-admin, go to Appearance / Theme Options / Custom Css
    Paste the style code to Custom Css:

.list-layout[data-gap="0"] .list-layout-col2-item .list-layout-img,
    .list-layout[data-gap="0"] .list-layout-col3-item .list-layout-img,
    .list-layout[data-gap="0"] .list-layout-col4-item .list-layout-img {height: 100%!important;}

4) We’ll add the option in next version.

The quick solution:
    Please find /template/global/footer-social.php, line16:
    <a title="<?php echo esc_attr($tip); ?>" href="<?php echo esc_url($url); ?>" class="socialmeida-a">
    update as:
    <a title="<?php echo esc_attr($tip); ?>" href="<?php echo esc_url($url); ?>" class="socialmeida-a" target="_blank">

thiagors
    Participant
    Purchased

Thank you again!
    All solutions worked for me.

I am using header number 7, with Menu Item Mouseover Effect as Highlight Color. But it’s not working.

The highlight on the social media icons, for example, is working fine, but on the main menu it’s not. It doesn’t change the color.

If I modify it to “Cross Line”, I can see the mouseover effect. So, what’s wrong?

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Welcome!

I am using header number 7, with Menu Item Mouseover Effect as Highlight Color. But it’s not working.

download the file, unzip it
    – login FTP, go to: themes/arnold/functions/interface/
    – upload / replace: interface-style.php

petergala
    Participant
    Purchased

Hi, is there some possibility to change the width of blank space between images on Custom Grid Portfolio on my own way? There are predefined values (0, 10, 20, 30, 40) but if I want say 14 px.. (7 px on each side of the image).. Custom CSS doesn’t work. Thank you!

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,

it is not only to use custom css, it needs to change the /template/page/content-masonry-grid.php also, find line 27-32, change the value, if you want to add 14, change $spacing=’20’ as $spacing=’14’

space

case '20': $spacing = '14'; break;

petergala
    Participant
    Purchased

Thank you!

petergala
    Participant
    Purchased

Hi, can you show me please where / how to change this value for gallery post also? I tried to affect this with custom css, what already works, gaps are bigger, but images keep their original dimensions and smash the layout. They don’t fit in a page width.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Please find /functions/theme/post/post-meta.php:
    line 268

$fields['theme_meta_gallery_image_spacing'] = array(
    	array('title' => esc_html__('0','air-theme'),                                         'value' => '0'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('2','air-theme'),                                         'value' => '2'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('10','air-theme'),                                        'value' => '10'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('20','air-theme'),                                        'value' => '20'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('40','air-theme'),                                        'value' => '40'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('60','air-theme'),                                        'value' => '60'),
    	array('title' => esc_html__('80','air-theme'),                                        'value' => '80')
    	);

Change the value(‘value’ => ’20’) , if you want to change as 17, change as 'value' => '17'

Use custom css

.single-format-gallery .gallery-spacing-17 .list-layout-inside {
        margin: 20px 0 0 20px;
    }
    .single-format-gallery .gallery-spacing-17 .list-layout-col {
        margin: 0 0 0 -17px;
        -webkit-transform: translateY(-17px);
        -moz-transform: translateY(-17px);
        -ms-transform: translateY(-17px);
        transform: translateY(-17px);
    }

petergala
    Participant
    Purchased

Nice, thank you! I also had to change the value in

.single-format-gallery .gallery-spacing-17 .list-layout-inside {
        margin: 17px 0 0 17px;
    }

now working well

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!