Home Forums Air WordPress Theme Private Posts not visible on Portfolio(Home)-Page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pingbird 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pingbird
    Participant

Hi,

first of all, thanks for this awesome theme! i quite enjoy it and have fun modding it for my needs.

I have a problem though:
    When logged in (as admin or subscriber), posts set to private do not show up in the grid on the Portfolio Home page.

They are accessible when i open the post directly, so the user rights are there. (Otherwise i’d see a error message instead of the post content)

I do need the functionality to set posts to private with the usual wp handling, as i must hide certain items to the non-logged in public.

(btw. a common designers need since you commonly cannot show all work you have done for clients in your public portfolio. Maybe an interesting feature considering that this theme leans much toward creative pros?)

greetings,
    pingbird

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tested the private function on demo site just now:

When logged in (as admin or subscriber), posts set to private do not show up in the grid on the Portfolio Home page.

Yes, it will hide in portfolio.

They are accessible when i open the post directly, so the user rights are there. (Otherwise i’d see a error message instead of the post content)

If you logged in site, you’ll see all your own post by the page url(the author can see own private post, I think it make sense, it is default ruler of WordPress also). Other users(logged or non-logged in) will not see this post by the post url directly. You say you can visit it, did you log in the site?

I am not very clear your question. Do you want the private post shown in portfolio list? Not shown by the post url directly??

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

pingbird
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for your reply. you are right. After some research, i figured out, that i was indeed trying to work around the default way of wp using private posts.

i found a practical way doing what i want through a simple plugin extending the handling of user roles and assining posts with them.

greetings,
    pingbird

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.