Home Forums Center WordPress Theme Menu in footer not working (not clickable)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anna 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anna
    Participant
    Purchased

Hi,
    I’ve set up a secondary menu in template -> global -> footer.php . It displays correctly, but the items can’t be clicked.

This is the code I’ve put in footer.php, right after opening tag (<footer id=…):

<div class="in-foot-menu">
                  <?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'footer-menu' ) ); ?>  
        </div>

This is the code I’ve put in functions.php:

function register_my_menu() {
      register_nav_menu('footer-menu',__( 'Footer menu' ));
    }

add_action( 'init', 'register_my_menu' );

and the secondary location for menu works fine.

I’ve tried putting menu in other places of the site to test it – it worked fine being placed in page’s content etc. – and it seems it doesn’t work only in footer.php.
    Note: I don’t want to display the menu in footer widget area, because my site uses side navi. After aligning menu to left in footer widget area it aligns to left side of the content area, and the effect I’m trying to achieve is for it to be aligned to the left of the whole viewport.

Is there a way to make it work? Would be grateful for any tips.
    Link to the site: http://innovabets.com/

EDIT: I’ve just discovered built-in footer menu feature (Center settings -> Layout), I haven’t seen it earlier. I’ve enabled it and the ‘second’ menu appeared in the footer, but doesn’t work too. Is there a fix for that?

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Anna.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased

Hi,

Your codes should be ok, but the sidebar is overlay the footer. Please add the custom CSS:

.navi-side-layout #footer { 
        position: relative;
        z-index: 999;
    }

Regards!

SeaTheme – SeaTheme.netTwitterFacebook

Anna
    Participant
    Purchased

Works perfect. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!