Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Menu, text link color option…

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

MV
    Participant

Hello again,

I have installed the Arnold theme.
    Now I am trying to organize theme layout, pages and posts – after that I would start importing text and images to it.

However, I am stuck as I am trying to use Demo 3 and wanted to hide menu on the Font page. You explained me to do this>

To hide the menu for homepage, Please paste the style code to Custom Css (Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings : Custom Css):
    body.home #header { display:none; }
    For the menu on slider, it is built by BM Slider. Use the “Link” format post for each slide(menu item), the link format post could be set real url to redirect.

I did hide menu for home page but I am not able to continue as I am not sure how to connect BM Slider-menu with front page. Also, when I enter, after Homepage, I can not see hamburger Menu anymore. I am not sure if I am clear enough 🙁 I really tried everything and had to contact you now…

I hope you can help me start building my website!

Thanks a lot in advance!
    MV

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

You said you have found how to do it in other post. Is ok now?

Regards!

Bwsm

MV
    Participant

Hello,

Yes! I am doing great, thanks. Everything works perfect so far.

I am only annoyed with general layout. I still can not figure out how to align Logo and Menu with post content, portfolio grid and other. But, for now, I will put it aside as I guess it is better to build structure and add media. These details I will do in the end.

One small question. What sizes of the images are the best to use for slider, news – which hight did you use for yours? Also, Which font did you use to write A. in Header? (I know these are details but you will help me 🙂 )

Thanks a lot in advance!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

The demo 3 image size is 1200 * 820px, the news images (3 cols) is 650px width(height is auto, the demo is 650*453)

Please try to set the header width(see screenshot below):
    header width

The logo font setting is: Playfair Display / Bold / 34px

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

MV
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help! Works great!

I am about to finish with settling everything out, just as I wanted.

I hope these will be my last questions since I am right in the end.
    News page> How did you put yellow for category “NEWS” and where did you put yellow for links in text. Where should I change that color? I tried in Theme Options, Color, but couldn’t find.
    Also, where do I change the size of title of the news (the page with 3 col), I was able to change it in the beginning but somehow now it doesnt work… you can take look on my page on http://www.mihaelavujnovic.com – news page – it looks very poor to me.

Also, how do you change the color of the line in About page?
    Mine is too light, I can barely see it.

That’s all! Everything else is just perfect. I hope I wont bother you anymore.

Thx

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

News page> How did you put yellow for category “NEWS” and where did you put yellow for links in text.

Did you talk the yellow “Arnold.” here?
    The font in default editor:
    The font in default editor
    fw: it is not shown with “Blog masonry” template now, maybe it will be added next version

where do I change the size of title of the news (the page with 3 col)

Appearance > Theme Options > Font settings : Masonry Blog / Title for Item

how do you change the color of the line in About page?

Appearance > Theme Options > color : Global / Auxiliary Color

Cheers!

MV
    Participant

Ok great! I did it.

I was talking about the links in text…like the link that you have in a New Theme post – it is yellow, how did you achieve that?

It would be nice to have links in some color, as while somebody reads the text it is very difficult to tell which word is the link….
    Only that I am not able to figure out.

The rest is great! I dont have any new question 🙂

Thx a lot!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Please use color value for the font like:
    <h1><span style="color: #ffd000;">Arnold.</span></h1>

use color value for the font

MV
    Participant

I tried but it doesn’t work.
    This is how I did it, but it doesnt function>

No1
    <h1><span style=”color: #ffd000;”>18th of September 2016</span></h1>

No2
    <h1><span style=”color: #ffd000;”>https://vimeo.com/212896252</span></h1&gt;

Non of them working. I am fine when it is about the text, like Arnold – for me that is not important, I have good color.
    But, I am only worried about links…(No2 above). My links are the same color as text – that is not good.

Thanks a lot for your help!

MV

BWSM
    Keymaster

I was talking about the links in text…like the link that you have in a New Theme post – it is yellow, how did you achieve that?

Please leave a page url with the linked text.

MV
    Participant

The page is this one (all the way down are the links I talked about)>
    http://www.mihaelavujnovic.com/news/come-closer-to-see-nothing-2/

Also, there is a bug. I can not Disable Share Buttons for Posts. I dont want to have any Social Media buttons on any posts. When I click OFF for share buttons (Appearance-Social Networks-Share Buttons for Posts) it keeps going back to ON by itself.
    Also, the small logo all the way down keeps putting some random Font by itself. I have changed it so many times, but it keeps going back to its random font….

Except these small bugs, everything else is perfect and I am done with my website.
    If you could check these small problems and somehow fix it, I would be more than welcome.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers!

MV
    Participant

All of a sudden many issues 🙁

1. How can I remove PREV and NEXT buttons at the end of every post?

2. My News page is weird… the images of the featured images for news are different sizes…it wasnt like that at all during last 10 days! How to fix it?

3. There is + button on every post in portfolio page. When I click it I can see my portfolio BUT I can also se all of your Portfolio posts (Inter, etc.) I put these posts in draft but they still shows up here! Only here! When I enter my portfolio I can not see them, but everytime I click + button they are there. Please, how can I fix it?

Could you please replay as soon as possible as I wanted to publish the website tomorrow morning but now I am not sure with all these bugs…

Thanks a lot!

M

MV
    Participant

Hello again!
    Everything is fine except News page…I can not make it look good…still one image of featured images is larger than the other.

So, please, do not pay attention to previous messages except those tow things with Links and News page..

Thanks and sorry for the confusion!

MV

BWSM
    Keymaster

Did you mention the url text?

Please paste the style code to Custom Css (Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings : Custom Css):

.entry li a { color:#21827F; }
    .entry li a:hover { color:#313139; }

Did you mean want to the 2 grid with same height?

Please make sure the 2 images with same size. one is 684*453, another is 650*453:

make them same size, rename the changed files, re-upload them.

MV
    Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Everything is perfect!

MV
    Participant

Hello again!

Have one quick question.
    I have removed PREV and NEXT buttons from all pages and posts.
    However, only on one post (news, Coming soon http://www.mihaelavujnovic.com/news/coming-soon/ ) I still have it and am not able to remove it. What shall I do? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

MV

BWSM
    Keymaster

Plz disbale Appearance > Theme Options > Layout : Post (Previous/Next) Navigation On Normal Post

MV
    Participant

Hello!

I hope you are doing well.

I got a very quick question. It’s about NEWS section. At this point I have 3 news published. The first one I published is a bit different than the others…and I want the other news to look the same as the first one. What I am not satisfied with is the text width. Here are the links and you will see how the text in the first news is wider than in the second one… How can I make my text as wide as in the first News publication? I am speaking of the text on the right side, the long one.

2. http://www.mihaelavujnovic.com/news/allinplace/

Thank you very much for your kind help!

MV

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please paste the style code to Custom Css (Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings : Custom Css):

body.single .gallery-post-des .entry { 
        word-break: break-all;
    }

MV
    Participant

Hi,

No changes… I pasted the code to Custom Css – but nothing changed.

BWSM
    Keymaster
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.