Home Forums Fashionic WordPress Theme Is there an optimal pixel size?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Johnny
    Participant

Hello
    I just purchased this template and I am currently trying to get the template to work for mandulis.co.

A couple of issues I am having.
    1: Logo: Is there an optimal pixel size?
    2: Post formats – How do I add all 9 post formats I know the theme only supports video, audio, gallery and standard post?
    3: I had Image Tags (plugin) that worked on my previous template they are not showing with yours – is there an incompatibility. See
    4: I use WordPress’s native html video, they are not showing with your template – http://mandulis.co/category/whats-new/ – click on the Reiss SS14 Preview.
    5: Tags are not showing
    6: If posts open in the home page how do I link pages? So I tried to link the Reiss SS14 Preview page but can’t.
    7: How do I activate continuous scroll?
    8: Can the search button be moved up a little bit as my cookies warning, obscure it a bit.

Thank you
    Kind Regards
    E Ipila

Hi,
    1. the optimal pixel size is 250×90
    2. this theme still have 3 addtional supported post format. to add them, please open file functions.php and find line :
    add_theme_support( 'post-formats', array('gallery','video','audio') );
    update it to:
    add_theme_support( 'post-formats', array('gallery','video','audio','link','quote','image') );
    3. please give me the plugin’s accurate name, I will test it in this theme later.
    4. please try decrease the video width for proper showing.
    5. edit single.php and use the_tags() to display the tags where you want them.
    6. not sure what your exactly mean, leaving me some screenshot would be better.
    7. please give me more details about ‘continuous scroll’.
    8. style.css line 69(or about) bottom: 20px; to bottom: 60px;

Best

mandulis
    Participant

3: wpStickies by Kreatura Media: http://codecanyon.net/user/kreatura
    6: Most webpages are – mandulis.co/category/stylefix/beaute/cocoadreams this does not happen with your template as all blogpages are shown on the homepage. So if I am viewing the latest post cocoadreams, it just shows on mandulis.co or within the beaute category as mandulis.co/category/stylefix/beaute. I cannot link directly to individual post.I am thinking of the practicalities of linking or forwarding a specific blog post.
    7: Continuos Scroll – At the end of a page you have Next 1,2,3,4,5 (the next page numbers) I want to be able to scroll endlessly. I know it uses up a lot of ram, but I think it makes the user interface cleaner.

Thank you

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    3. sorry about this, wpStickies is not a free plugin. please contact plugin author for help first.
    6. every block with image is a post on home page. when you click one of them, it will load its full content to the block and grows the block area with animation. after loading, when you click the post title , individual page content of this post will be shown. this is the normal page flow. so, no extra link to be needed. if I misunderstanding you, please let me known.
    7. with page editor, set Page options ‘pagination’ to ‘Infinite Scroll’
    Best

mandulis
    Participant

ahh brilliant, I am getting there.

3: The image tags show when you click on the title eg: http://mandulis.co/2014/07/22/cocoa-dreams/
    6: I changed the font size last night and for some reason it does not affect the introduction paragraph: eg: http://mandulis.co/2014/07/06/the-quick/
    5: 5. edit single.php and use the_tags() to display the tags where you want them.
    What line is this on? I could not find it last night. It might be tired eyes.
    4: Video: Where do I go to change the size? Its weird in that when you click read more – it gives the No video supported & Mime type found (I amended my htaccess file over a year ago and it has been working fine). eg http://mandulis.co/?s=reiss&submitsearch= see the Reiss SS14 however when you click on the title http://mandulis.co/2013/11/15/reiss-ss14-preview/ you get the funny video size. I thought the size just automatically took care of itself as its a responsive layout.

mandulis
    Participant

Apologies
    7: Page Editor: Where is it? Its not in Settings or Tools and its not in the Theme Options?
    Sorry.

mandulis
    Participant

Tablet Issues: I just played about with the site on my android tablet
    1: Menus > Editorial – you cannot see all the categories. TV & Whats new does not show
    2: Reading any review from Sunday Salon (eg http://mandulis.co/2014/07/06/the-quick/) the 2 columns overlap.

Thank you

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -as you menus have many levels and subitems, I sugguest you create the menus manually and manage them simple and clear.
    -for the home page pagination, please create a page as you home page with ‘list page’ template, set pagination option under page options section(see attached image), then assignment it to you home page(Settings/reading: front page displays, a static page, front page)

Best

mandulis
    Participant

Thanks.
    What about the tablet issues, tag issues (what line in single.php file)and the video issues?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -for tablet issue, I sugguest you create the menus manually and manage them simple and clear.
    -for tages, please add below code right after each
    <?php the_content(); ?> in single.php:
    <?php the_tags(); ?>
    -please try manage using css to control the video size
    Thank you

mandulis
    Participant

Thank you.

-for tablet issue, I sugguest you create the menus manually and manage them simple and clear.

Your responsive layout does not seem to work with a standard post that uses 2 columns. So you have an overlap when you read the article. I don’t understand your suggestion. Will this always be the case if I use multiple columns in a blog post?
    -please try manage using css to control the video size
    Please can you clarify this. I am using wordpresses native html video application. All I do is drag and drop and upload the video. This worked fine with my last template and I never had to play with sizing. Where do I go to edit the videos CSS?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, about video width issue, please try this: after you insert a video, switch the editor to code mode and check if there is a width value and update it to what you want.
    about culumns overlap issue, it’s belong the columns plugin’s issue, please try update the plugin’s css and give class ‘.sc-columns’ a proper height value.
    Thank you

mandulis
    Participant

Style Query.
    I have increased the content font size to 18px, however when I utilise a Drop Caps, the entire paragraph changes to a smaller font. See the introduction on this blog post: http://mandulis.co/2014/07/06/the-quick/
    When I utilise pull quote it does the same thing. In this blog post all the paragraphs are reduced in size apart from the last paragraph which has no pull quote: http://mandulis.co/2014/08/03/the-fair-fight/

Is there a way of rectifying this.

Thank you.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try this:
    open file wp-content/plugins/shortcodes-indep-fallback/css/frontend-style.css and find line 491:

.sc-tabs.tabs-vertical .tab-content {
    		padding: 50px;
    		border-left: 1px solid #ddd;
    		margin-left: -1px;
    	}

update it to:

.sc-tabs.tabs-vertical .tab-content {
    		padding: 50px;
    		border-left: 1px solid #ddd;
    		margin-left: -1px;
                    font-size: 18px;
    	}

Best

mandulis
    Participant

Thank you so much, I added text justify as well to the vertical tabs.

mandulis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Yes, sure this theme support sidebar widgets. when you edit posts or pages(static page template) there is a ‘right sidebar’ option, you can select one which you droped widgets on it from widgets editor(sidebar_1,sidebar_2,…).
    Best

mandulis
    Participant

mandulis
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, assuming you want widgets on sidebar_1 showing under left navi items, add below code to file sidebar.php between
    this 2 lines

</div><!--End menu_wrap-->
    </div><!--End sidebar_wrapmost-->

:

<ul>
    <?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar("sidebar_1") ) : ?>
    <?php endif; ?></ul>

Best

mandulis
    Participant

Hello – oh dear.
    Please see attached images, I have done what you asked, and the test Disclaimer text is not showing.
    I eventually want to place a query form (formidable pro) in the sidebar, that’s why I need it to work.

Do you know why the site has frozen when you go directly to a blog post, see http://mandulis.co/2014/08/10/scarlet-letter/
    you can’t navigate the site.

Thank you.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -the test Disclaimer text is showing. see attached image.
    -frozen issue caused by the plugin ‘wpstickies’. please try disable it or update its css styles.
    Best

mandulis
    Participant

Thank you. After I posted the query, it dawned on me, as I had installed the newly released update. Its currently being worked on.
    How do I get the widget to have the same dimensions (size proportions) as Search | Copyright etc, because if I add a query form, I’d want it to be in the same line as home,editorial, etc, please see attached image.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try add this to file style.css at the bottom:
    li.widget-container {padding: 0 20px 0 50px;}
    Thank you

mandulis
    Participant

Thank you.
    I wanted to change the font of Dupes – FormidalePro Form Widget to be the same as the menu. I was going to insert html tags in the widgets section(see attached image) and then read its not a good idea, its best to use css. Does this go beneath the widget container?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, you can try it, also you can try apply the css to li.widget-container.
    Best

mandulis
    Participant

Sorry, me again.
    I just uploaded a youtube video to mandulis.co and wanted to send a friend a link to the blog post. How would I do that with a video post. This video was wordpress’s html video format so it has a direct link – http://mandulis.co/2013/12/16/german-christmas-market-13/, I’m wondering how to get the same for a youtube embed and would this situation be the same if I used audio, images and gallery formats. ie. is it better to use a standard post if I want to have a direct link as opposed to video post.

And I still have not figured out the video formatting issue (I’m still tied up with the formidable pro database issues at the moment), how do I alter already uploaded videos(see german christmas market) to automatically have correct formats on desktops, tablets, mobiles etc.

Thank you.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -you can find the post link while edit it right below the title, ‘permalink:http://…’
    -about video issue, I suggest you using youtube embed for the self-hosted video as well.
    Thank you

mandulis
    Participant

Hello,
    I am looking at it from the perspective of a user visiting my site, in terms of site navigation and the ease of navigability of the site for a user. If you click on Mandulis.co, and want to see a video or forward the video or grab the url how would they do it?
    And regarding the video issue is that something that will be resolved as I don’t have a youtube or vimeo account and have no plans of having one. Its abit bizarre to have a wordpress template that won’t accept hosting wordpress videos?
    How do I move the menu functions up – I edited style.css > logo > margin bottom – is that correct? The dupes query form is taking up alot of space.
    Thank you.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -on list page, ajax loading page content is this theme main feature. it laod page content from background and the content page url will be not showing. for explicit load page and showing page url in address bar, please manage link you post from menu item.
    -for self-hosted video size, you should consider the video aspect ratio and match the content size. there is not a easy way to fit vary video size for all content size.
    -for reduce widget add below to file style.css

.with_frm_style .form-field {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

Best

mandulis
    Participant

Thank you.
    The best solution for embedded video posts is to use standard posts.
    Regarding video – please see attached image, there is no function in the edit section to amend the video size or aspect ratio.

mandulis
    Participant

Sorry forgot to add, if there is a theme update do I lose all of the amendments I have made?
    And if so, what is the best way to keep track (or a record) of the amendments?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    I think that is true while you install this theme newer version. but you can record what you modified. once updated to new version, you can modify files according you records.
    Thank you

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.