Home Forums FAQ How to install wordpress theme

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

BWSM
    Keymaster

There are 3 ways to install the theme:

1. Use the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin to install theme

2. Using WordPress Theme Upload (If you use Aside theme):

Be sure to extract the file “aside.zip” from the ThemeForest download before uploading. Using the ThemeForest ZIP file directly will result in a “Missing Style Sheet” error.

• Login to your WordPress admin.
    • In the “Appearance > Themes” menu click the tab “Install Themes”.
    • At the top of the page click “Add New”, click “Upload Theme”, then click the file input to select a file.
    • Select the zipped theme file, “aside.zip”, and click “Install Now”.
    • After installation you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
    • Click the link “Activate”.

Refer the video guide.

3. Using FTP (If you use Aside theme):

• Login to your FTP server and navigate to your WordPress themes directory.
    • Normally this would be “wp-content/themes”.
    • Extract folder “aside” from the zipped theme.
    • Upload the folder “aside” to your themes directory by FTP.
    • After the files finish uploading, login to your WordPress admin.
    • In the “Appearance” menu click “Themes”.
    • Click “Activate” for the theme “Aside theme”.

Related post: How to update theme?

AnnaLena16
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi AnnaLena16,

It seems you purchased a HTML theme (NOT WordPress theme).

following 5 files: documentation, html-menu-on-top, html-menu-on-left, html-menu-on-right

These files belongs ZA HTML theme. If you want to use ZA WordPress theme, you should buy from this page: http://themeforest.net/item/za-creative-fashion-portfolio-wordpress-theme/12162475

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  BWSM.

SeeSeeMusic
    Participant

Hello, I have just purchased the wordpress version of the Aside website. Everytime I try to upload the theme I get a failure from wordpress. Anything that this could be?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hello, I have just purchased the wordpress version of the Aside website. Everytime I try to upload the theme I get a failure from wordpress. Anything that this could be?

please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

gianlcua86
    Participant

Hello when i active the theme, wp returns the folloqing error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/a6318188/public_html/wp-content/themes/theone/functions/theme/post/post-import.php on line 209

Coul you resolve it?
    tks
    gb

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hello when i active the theme, wp returns the folloqing error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/a6318188/public_html/wp-content/themes/theone/functions/theme/post/post-import.php on line 209

Is the “WordPress Importer” plugin activated on your site? Please disable it. If it still not work:

please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) and FTP login info via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

gianlcua86
    Participant

No, isn’t activate.
    I disinstalled the theme, i sent you my credentials using your contact form.
    please check
    tks

lexacon
    Participant

hi there,

I just installed the Bee responsive and Retina. I can not create a page with drag n drop. Did I missed something?

tks, M

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi lexacon, please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

lexacon
    Participant

http://www.i-nl.nl/wp-admin

user: i-nl
    ww: ***

—–
    Please don’t leave password here, it is not security for your site. — bwsm

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  BWSM.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, I created a page with PageBuilder http://i-nl.nl/test-pb/ , there is not issue, could you give more tips for the problem you met?

octaman
    Participant

Hi, After installing the Muti theme my entire WordPress installation breaks and I’m not even able to even use the admin screen or anything. Only a WordPress uninstall fixes this. I have never had this with any other theme. Please respond asap.

octaman
    Participant

I’m using WordPress 4.7.1 btw.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi octaman,
    please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) and space FTP account via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

octaman
    Participant

Sorry, but I can’t let you control my site – there’s too much important other stuff on there. Can I send you some logs maybe?

kusikubi
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I hope you are well.

I just purchased Air. Lightweight Portfolio WordPress Theme and I’m having a error when i’m installing it on WordPress.

“Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme install failed.”

Could you please help me with this ASAP?

Thank you guys,
    Kusi Kubi

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi kusikubi,

I think you maybe upload wrong file, the right installable file name is air-theme.zip, please refer this post:

Missing style sheet error when installing the theme

If it doesn’t work, please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

Cheers!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi octaman,

I tested the Muti theme on my host(WP4.7.1) yesterday, I didn’t find the issue. So I don’t know where is the wrong except I see it.
    Do the site have some error message after you install theme? If has, plz paste a screenshot. Did you install some plugins? Please stop them before install theme. If you meet the problem again, don’t necessary re-install WordPress, please try to re-name the theme folder name or remove the theme folder by FTP. It should be ***/wp-content/themes/muti/

FW: The fastest way is that I login your site to check.

cgibaldi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

please try to install the plugins, Plugins > Add new > upload plugin, choose the file in theme folder /functions/plugins

If it doesn’t work, please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) via my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

bcpallickal
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having issues with this theme. I’m at theme options and it won’t let me change any of the settings. Looking to fix this asap. Thanks!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi bcpallickal, please send your wp-admin(url/user/pass) via
    my profile contact form , I’ll log in to check it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.