Home Forums Art WordPress Theme How to install font (physical copy)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gustavochams
    Participant

Hi, I have purchased an web font as part off branding fonts. It’s a file that isn’t cloud based. How can I install it on the theme?

Please advise.

Thank you

BWSM
    Keymaster

gustavochams
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

please send this post url and site FTP account / wp-admin(url/user/pass) via
    my profile contact form (you need login on ThemeForest), I’ll log in to check it.

BWSM
    Keymaster

The Art theme only supports Google fonts now, if you want to use your own font files. I wrote a simple guide
    here.

You need define the font by CSS:

1. Please upload the font files(like: otf, woff2, maybe there are other format…) to your web site space by FTP

2. Define the font by CSS @font-face, you can write the css-code into “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS” or CSS file of child theme, the CSS code is a sample, you can refer your font Doc(if it has).

@font-face {
        font-family: TheFontName; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; 
        src: url('http://yoursite.com/styles/fonts/TheFontName.woff') format('woff'),url('styles/fonts/Inconsolata-Regular.ttf') format('truetype');
    }

3. Assign the fonts by css:

/* Heading font */
    body.single .title-wrap-tit,.title-wrap-h1, .archive-grid-item-tit,.title-wrap-meta-a,.archive-grid-item-meta-item,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,product-caption-title {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Body text */
    body {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Menu */
    .navi-trigger-text, #navi-header a,.header-bar-social .socialmeida-a,.head-meta .languages-shortname,.ux-justified-menu a, #navi a {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.