Home Forums Art WordPress Theme How to install font (physical copy)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zoltan5517 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gustavochams
    Participant

Hi, I have purchased an web font as part off branding fonts. It’s a file that isn’t cloud based. How can I install it on the theme?

Please advise.

Thank you

BWSM
    Keymaster

gustavochams
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

please send this post url and site FTP account / wp-admin(url/user/pass) via
    my profile contact form (you need login on ThemeForest), I’ll log in to check it.

BWSM
    Keymaster

The Art theme only supports Google fonts now, if you want to use your own font files. I wrote a simple guide
    here.

You need define the font by CSS:

Step 1. Please upload the font files(like: otf, woff2, maybe there are other format…) to your web site space by FTP

Step 2. Define the font by CSS @font-face, you can write the css-code into “Appearance > Customize : Additional CSS” or CSS file of child theme, the CSS code is a sample, you can refer your font Doc(if it has).

@font-face {
        font-family: TheFontName; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; 
        src: url('http://yoursite.com/styles/fonts/TheFontName.woff') format('woff'),url('styles/fonts/Inconsolata-Regular.ttf') format('truetype');
    }

Step 3. Assign the fonts by css:

/* Heading font */
    body.single .title-wrap-tit,.title-wrap-h1, .archive-grid-item-tit,.title-wrap-meta-a,.archive-grid-item-meta-item,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,product-caption-title {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Body text */
    body {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

/* Menu */
    .navi-trigger-text, #navi-header a,.header-bar-social .socialmeida-a,.head-meta .languages-shortname,.ux-justified-menu a, #navi a {font-family: 'TheFontName';}

————

TIPS: If you use the default font like “Arial”, please ignore step1-2, assign the fonts as step3 like:
    body { font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; }

——-
    Common safe system fonts:
    Arial => font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    Helvetica => font-family: helvetica, sans-serif;
    Times => font-family: “Times Roman”, times, serif;
    Times New Roman =>font-family:”Times New Roman”, “Times Roman”, TimesNR, times, serif;

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  BWSM.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  BWSM.

zoltan5517
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to use uploaded webfont (via “BM Font management” (Fonts Definition) -> “Add Font” -> “Add Item”), but even thought all of the files (woff2, woff, ttf, eot, svg) have been properly uploaded and this newly added font is selected in “Fonts Assignment” it still doesn’t show up on the frontend. My browser’s (Chrome 68) console clearly shows there’s no request being made for this font file(s).

I’m using Art Theme, Version: 2.1.0.

Best regards.
    PS. I don’t feel comfortable giving you access to my webspace, so please do not ask me to give you login/password to it.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi zoltan5517,

Please try to remove the “ttf, eot, svg” 3 formats files.

I need check your page url(please send this question and URL via
    my profile contact form (you need login on ThemeForest) at least if it doesn’t work still.

Regards!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  BWSM.

zoltan5517
    Participant

It works, thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to install font (physical copy)’ is closed to new replies.