Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Hover Effect for Link Format Featured Image

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kaneidentity 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kaneidentity
    Participant

Is there a way to replicate the hover effect for homepage gallery thumbnails that are from ‘Link’ format posts? Specifically, the fade out/fade in with color background behind the title. So far, I have used:

.filter_post-format-link .grid-item-con:after {background: none!important;} > to enable featured images from link format posts

.grid-stack .grid-item-con:hover:after {display:none;}
    .filter_post-format-link .grid-item-con-text {opacity:0;}
    .grid-item-con:after,.ux-lazyload-wrap { background-color: transparent;} > to enable fade in title with hover

Is there something I can add to create the original default color fade? I’m not sure if the default fade visual is a simple fade in of color or a sequence of thumbnail fade out + color fade in.

Also, is this your recommended method of directing gallery images to ‘Pages’? Using link format posts to redirect?

Thank you so much!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  kaneidentity. Reason: additional details

kaneidentity
    Participant

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I changed the latter code to specify link format items:

.grid-stack .grid-item-con:hover:after {opacity:0}
    .filter_post-format-link .grid-item-con-text {opacity:0;}
    .filter_post-format-link .grid-item-con:hover:after,.ux-lazyload-wrap { background-color: #313139!important;}

Do you approve? Also, is this still the best method of redirecting portfolio images to pages instead of posts?

Thank you so much

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  kaneidentity. Reason: Most of problem solved

BWSM
    Keymaster

HI,

If you want to the thumbnail to show by default, The “redirecting portfolio images” is better than using link format post.

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

kaneidentity
    Participant

Hello! Thanks for your answer. Could you clarify? Do you mean using a redirect plugin? I am using the link format post and directing it to a separate page URL currently, so the post featured image goes to the page. If you mean changing the URL of the image itself, I would like to insert the same image in my page but have it open to lightbox/slideshow or it will just direct to the open page in a loop.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

Maybe I am not clarify your questions.
    Could you give more tips for your question? Thanks!

I am not mean to change URL of image itself. I mean redirect the post URL. Yes, it needs a redirect plugin.
    But if you make the thumbnail of link format post shown successfully, it is ok by link format also. Not necessary to use
    redirect plugin.

RG~

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  BWSM.

kaneidentity
    Participant

Ah okay that answers my question perfectly! Thank you very much again!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.