Home Forums Fashionic HTML Theme Gallery slideshow problem

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Maria S 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Maria S
    Participant

Hello,
    I really love the Fashionic theme! You did a beauty and very user friendly thing.

I have been customizing the theme for 2 days – and most of the things I have already understood how to do. But the headache – is the gallery slideshow. I want to make it like in theme demo (by mouse click on thumbnail in portfolio list to open a slideshow of gallery images) – but it does not work. I have tried several ways to create the post gallery – but still it does not open slide show:(
    I am on WordPress 3.9 and with Safari. My project is http://super-sobaka.ru

Also another question – I had a button “show more” on the from page (portfolio list) and then it disappeared. Please advise what settings do I need to check.
    And another – when I open category – the word Category “name” appeared under the logo – is there any way to make word “category” not to appear?

I have read the most forum topics and the theme documentation. Also I am very new to html and all digital – my project is non commercial and I am unfortunately not professional. Please excuse me if my question is not very smart:)

I am sorry for taking your time – but you are the only hope) Thank you!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -for safari issue, I need more test, once make progress I will let you known.
    -to let ‘show more’ works, please set the field ‘Number of Posts’ on page editor. this is the number of posts to show per page with pagination.
    -to remove the word ‘Category’, please open file sidebar.php and find this:

<h1 class="archive_title"><?php  _e('Category:','ux'); echo wp_title('',true,''); ?></h1>
         <?php } else if(is_archive()){ ?>

updated it to:

<h1 class="archive_title"><?php  echo wp_title('',true,''); ?></h1>
         <?php } else if(is_archive()){ ?>

Best

Maria S
    Participant

Thank you for the answer!

Maria S
    Participant

and just to know – is it possible to add horizontal menu to the top of the page?
    also – how can i add “read more” sign to the slideshow field that opens within the page gallery? (i think its not obvious for people that they can read more if click on the heading)

Thank you!

Maria S
    Participant

please ignore the second question about “read more” I found it. Only need your help with the first. Thank you!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -about your previouse post question about gallery post slider, I have checked your site and find your gallery post slider showing in list almost right. when you create the gallery post and upload images to the gallery, please do not push button ‘insert into post’, after uploaded the image just close the dialog box will ok.
    -about submenu not show. you submenu already there, but it is beyond the screen. it is because you customize the menu to the right.
    -about ‘read more’ sign. when you click a thumnail in the list, the post will be loaded its full content, so I think add a readmore button will mislead user.
    Best

Maria S
    Participant

thank you so much for the answer! yes I have already figured this things with gallery (just have not updated post to be shown correctly). Also the menu is ok (I returned it the left and things go correctly).

The only one left – is it possible to move the menu on top (from the left sidebar to the top and make it horizontal top) or make additional menu on top? I know its bit stupied to purchase vertical menu theme and ask about top-horizontal- but still? If its possible just give me a hint which part of template code should I work with and I will find how)) Thank you!!!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, very sorry. I am afraid I can not help you about this,
    Thank you

Maria S
    Participant

thank you for reply! I am actually shame of my question – the horizontal menu on top will ruin the beauty. So the template is perfect as is. Thank you also for support – its something you meet not so often.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.