Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Font size and color of the post links on the front page of the Demo 3 slider

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

dhamremoen
    Participant

Hi,
    Love the theme. As a beginner i am probably gonna have a few questions. Lets start with this one.

I am using the Demo 3 slider option. I have removed the header on the front page and are now using the post link menu as my main menu.
    Now i just want to change the font size and color on the front page. Is there a costum CSS code for this? Or is it maybe hidden in plain sight?
    One more question. Since i removed the header on the front page, is there any way i can put a logo and/or some extra text anywhere on the page?
    Sorry if any of these questions have been answered before on the forum,

Regards
    Daniel

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme

1. Try to change the option :
    Appearance > Theme Options > Fonts settings: Portfolio list / Title for Item
    Appearance > Theme Options > Colors: Menu on Header Dark

2. If you want to show the logo on front page, you could hide menu on front page by custom css: (Off course, you’ll re-show the header). I don’t know what’s header layout you use, the css should be different.(better leave your page url)

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

dhamremoen
    Participant

Thanks alot for the quick reply.
    Problem 1 is solved!

Page Url: http://www.blaamedia.no/
    I did use the custom CSS: body.home #header { display:none; }, to hide the header.

Regards Daniel

dhamremoen
    Participant

Also, as you can see. There is a white blank footer when you scroll down on the front page. Is this happening because my image crop is wrong?

Regards Daniel

dhamremoen
    Participant

Left comments instead of replying

BWSM
    Keymaster

Please update your custom css as(the menu icon will be hidden only):
    body.home #navi-trigger {display: none!important;}

I don’t see the “white blank footer” on the front page. could you paste a screenshot? what’s browser and system you use?

dhamremoen
    Participant

Thanks.
    Updated my CSS and the logo text is back. I guess i can add a png logo in the same position using the general settings?

The white space seems to only appear in Google Chrome. The White footer is approximately 1 cm i height.

I must say tho. This is the best costumer service i have ever had!

Regards Daniel

BWSM
    Keymaster

Yes, it support png logo.

I really don’t see the the “white blank footer” on the front page(http://www.blaamedia.no/). I use Macos chrome. Do you use Windows? version? Chrome version?

Thanks for the warm words.

dhamremoen
    Participant

Thanks,

I am on mac as well. The white footer seems to randomly appear in chrome only. Works fine in safari. So i bet its not a wordpress problem. Lets just forget that issue.

Is it possible to have plain text logo on all the pages except the front page? And is there any way i can move the logo around on the front page? Maybe if i just add allot of blank space on my png file.

Regards Daniel

dhamremoen
    Participant

Fixed the white footer problem by adding: .page {overflow:hidden;} to the Custom CSS

dhamremoen
    Participant

.home {overflow:hidden;} was a better solution.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Is it possible to have plain text logo on all the pages except the front page? And is there any way i can move the logo around on the front page?

There is not the option in the theme.
    It needs the custom css work. You should use image(png) logo, to hide/show by css:

body:not(.home) .logo-not-show-txt { display: block;}
    body:not(.home) .logo-image {display: none;}

plz try to add margin top for logo:
    #logo { margin-top: 100px;}
    ps: I didn’t test it, it maybe cause some other issue.

dhamremoen
    Participant

Thanks for the reply,

I ended up using :
    body.home #logo { margin-top: 100px;}
    body.home #logo { margin-left: 250px;}

It almost solves the problem, but is there any way to make the position of the logo and the menu static with the background? So it doesn’t change on different resolutions and screens.

Another quick question, is there any CSS code i can use to make the Google Map widget black and white inside the Contact page?

Regards
    Daniel

BWSM
    Keymaster

1. it is a detail job, it needs time. 2 suggestions:
    a. try to use unit vw/vh instead of px for margin-top/margin-left
    b. use @media if necessary

Please edit the Google Maps module, paste the into “Enable Google Map Style”

Google Map Style

[{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#e9e9e9"},{"lightness":17}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#f5f5f5"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"},{"lightness":17}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"},{"lightness":29},{"weight":0.2}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"},{"lightness":18}]},{"featureType":"road.local","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#ffffff"},{"lightness":16}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#f5f5f5"},{"lightness":21}]},{"featureType":"poi.park","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#dedede"},{"lightness":21}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.stroke","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#ffffff"},{"lightness":16}]},{"elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"saturation":36},{"color":"#333333"},{"lightness":40}]},{"elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"color":"#f2f2f2"},{"lightness":19}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#fefefe"},{"lightness":20}]},{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"geometry.stroke","stylers":[{"color":"#fefefe"},{"lightness":17},{"weight":1.2}]}]

dhamremoen
    Participant

Love it! Thanks a lot,

I am going to keep trying the vw/vh coding. Might be too technical for a beginner like me.
    Map is like i want it thanks to you.

Is there any way i can optimize the front page images for mobile as well?

Regards
    Daniel

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are welcome!

There is not independent default option for mobile image. The images would be resized automatically after uploaded if they are too big.

Regards!

dhamremoen
    Participant

No problem. Thanks

I am using the post links on the slider to redirect me to my pages. Is there any way i can make these posts private and still be able to click them and redirect me?

Here is one of the links to a post: http://www.blaamedia.no/2016/12/03/tjenester/
    If i put the post on private i am not able to click the menu on the front page

Regards
    Daniel

dhamremoen
    Participant

No problem. Thanks

I am using the post links on the slider to redirect me to my pages. Is there any way i can make these posts private and still be able to click them and redirect me?

Here is one of the links to a post: http://www.blaamedia.no/2016/12/03/tjenester/
    If i put the post on private i am not able to click the menu on the front page

Regards
    Daniel

BWSM
    Keymaster

There is not way. I guess you don’t want the post shown, try to hide it by the plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-hide-post/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/super-hide-post/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.