Home Forums Center WordPress Theme Disable Page Builder and use Visual Composer instead

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jonase
    Participant

Hello,

can I somehow disable / remove the deep integration of Page Builder in your theme? I used it a lot but visual composer fits my needs a LOT better (i.e. cloning rows with content for creating templates, also the whole UX).

I also have a VC License bought so this would not be a problem 🙂 When I install it, it seems to be “fighting” with page builder, it works in frontend but backend is a bit messed up.

Do I harm anything by just rm -rf center/functions/pagebuilder/ ? Would this be my solution? I don’t dare to just try it.

Thanks for help.
    Jonas

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hello Jonas,

We didn’t test Visual Composer with Center. I think it needs to make some adaptation, it is not a small job. If you decide to do it, I’ll tell you how to remove default PageBuilder form theme. I don’t have any Visual Composer adaptation experience. I don’t you suggest to do it. Why don’t use the PageBuilder, it is easy to use.

Cheers!
    Bwsm – uiueux.com
    Twitter Facebook

jonase
    Participant

Hello,

I used Page Builder a lot but then I switched to Visual Composer because it is much more convenient.

When you create a wrap in Page Builder with, say, 3x 1/3 Width Elements and you want to clone the whole Row WITH content and not only the elements it is not working properly. You have to rebuilt the wrap and its content. This is very unconvenient if you need for responsive design with for example 2x 1/3 elements staying stacked in a few Rows.

Also, the CSS Customizability is much easier with VC. VC has a much better user experience at least for me.

Please show me how to remove PB, that would be good.

I’m using VC with your theme right now, it causes absolutely no problems and everything looks fine. Just on Back-End it would be good to delete PB.

Thanks
    Jonas

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  jonase.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please remove this code in functions.php
    require_once locate_template('/functions/pagebuilder/pagebuilder-admin.php');

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.