Home Forums Theone WordPress Theme Child Theme Not Working

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  architext 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

architext
    Participant

Hi,

I love your theme, but I was hoping to use the child theme to make CSS edits rather than editing within the theme options. My changes are not showing up. Can you help? http://architextdesigns.com/newarchitext/

Thanks!
    Katie

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

sorry for the trouble, this is a bug. we’ll update it as soon. The quick fix:

download the file and unzip it
    – replace /wp-content/themes/theone-child/style.css
    – replace /wp-content/themes/theone/functions/interface/interface-register.php

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get the latest version information.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

If you didn’t fix the issue, please use this way, ignore the upstairs post.

– remove the theme-child fold, use the theone-child(download) please, edit css code in custom.css

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get the latest version information.

architext
    Participant

Thank you! It is working now.:)

zacpetrol
    Participant

Hello, I recently purchased your theme and attempted to install the child theme with the two examples provided above to no avail. I haven’t had issue creating a child theme in the past, and am wondering how to go about remedying this issue. Upon placing the aforementioned

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbh4nquvef7ikkn/theone-child.zip?dl=0

directory in the appropriate place, I am unable to choose the child theme from within WordPress’ dashboard.

I avidly appreciate your help!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi zacpetrol,

Please make sure the origin “theone” theme is inslltalled in worpdress, make sure the folder name of origin theme is “theone”.

If it doesn’t work, please leave your wp-admin(url/user/pass) as private reply, I’ll log in to check it.

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

architext
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed a new version of this theme for another project and the child theme is not working in the new version. Can you send me the new replacement file? Also, it has been almost a year – why is this issue not resolved in the original download?

Thanks,
    Katie

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

we fixed the issue 1 year ago. I tested again just now, I didn’t find issue.
    I attached the child theme file(it is same as download file), you could try again.
    Could you give more tips? Or leave your FTP by private .

Cheers!
    Bwsm – uiueux.com
    Twitter Facebook

architext
    Participant

Hi,

So sorry! It was a mistake I was making on my end… sorry for bothering you! Love this theme! 🙂

Katie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.