Home Forums Blogary WordPress Theme Blogary Header

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

nickj88
    Participant

I’m struggling to change the ‘Blogary’ Header at the top of the page, any ideas what I might be doing wrong, I’m trying to switch it to the name of the site?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, plz go to wp-admin, click “blogary” of left bar, click General settings, upload your logo as screenshot

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

jastronomy
    Participant

Hello! I just purchased the theme. Its so beautiful and this is my first time ever trying out premium themes and installing them myself. But I am having a really hard time navigating because of this also…

1. I can’t change the header’s image and was also wondering which font you used cause I want to just change the name to Jastronomy using the same font

2. I don’t know how to make it into the magazine layout instead of the blog layout

3. I can’t get the featured 3 posts with pictures on top even though I tried to follow the steps you gave to others in these posts (or I am just not following them correctly. I really dont know..)

4. I dont know how to get rid of the text “Achieve: Home” on my homepage…

I am sorry, I’m just reallllly new at this

http://www.jastronomy.com

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme

1) Did you mean the logo? If it is, plz follow:
    – login your wp-admin interface, click Blogary on left navigation. You’ll see the theme option panle, click General Settings tab, active the “Enable Plain Text Logo”. Enter “Jastronomy” in “Logo Text”.
    – Click Font Settings tab of theme option, click “Update to new Google Font Data” to load the fonts. select the “Courgette” in “Logo Font”, click “save options”

2) / 3) Create a new page(Pages/add new), click to activate “Enable Page Template”, select Magazine for “Template”
    make sure the “Show Featured Post” is on. select a category for “Category for Featured Post”, make sure there are 3 posts in the selected category at least, or the feature posts would not be shown. Make sure the posts are set featured images.

4) I suggest you select a page(create as question 2) as frontpage, visit Settings / Reading of wp-admin interface. activate “A static page (select below)” , select a page for “Front page:” selector. click save changes.

Best,Bwsm

jastronomy
    Participant

Thank you so much! I think I might be finally getting this haha.

jastronomy
    Participant

Ok. maybe not

Two more questions. Thank you so much!!!!

1. I can’t seem to find out how to change the menu or how to allocate pages to it. I checked each page that has already been embedded but could not figure out how it was set to be under each heading.

2. If I set my front page as a static front page, do I make ‘Front Page’ the parent to all my future blog posts?

jastronomy
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, which plugin you installed(or made some settings) before the wp-admin can not be logged? Please refer this post: http://codex.wordpress.org/Login_Trouble

jastronomy
    Participant

It logged out when I restarted my computer. I think I installed one of the recommended plugins. I can’t remember which one. but there was only 6 of them i think

BWSM
    Keymaster

BWSM
    Keymaster

1. I can’t seem to find out how to change the menu or how to allocate pages to it. I checked each page that has already been embedded but could not figure out how it was set to be under each heading.

– Please go Appearance / Menus to edit the menu, refer the link: http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen

2. If I set my front page as a static front page, do I make ‘Front Page’ the parent to all my future blog posts?

– No, it’s not necessary to make parent page

jastronomy
    Participant

Thank you very much for your time! I love your theme. Hoping that it’ll be smoothing sailing from now haha. Have a great day 🙂

daviddietz
    Participant

Purchased via themeforest – username: dktext.

Question, how do I reduce the size (margins/padding) of the header div? I would like to remove white space between the logo and the top, and also white space between the social media and the menu.

Thanks!

daviddietz
    Participant

Also,
    How do I go about changing the size of the social media icons. I realize that going too large would pixelate them, but I would like to make them a bit bigger.

Thanks again.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi daviddietz, thank you for purchasing our theme

plz login your wp-admin, go to Blogary(Theme Options)/General Settings/Custom CSS, paste the css code,

– remove white space between the logo and the top
    #wrap-outer {padding-top:0;}

– and also white space between the social media and the menu.
    #header-inn {margin-top:0;}

– How do I go about changing the size of the social media icons.
    .social-header .socialmeida-li {font-size: 18px;}
    change the size as you want, it works for header icons only.

Best,Bwsm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.