Home Forums Flowfolio WordPress Theme Background Crossfade without color dip

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 4 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Love this theme. Not sure the best way to reach you; here of via Envato. So I’m posting in both places. Apologies for that. I am wanting to use the “crossfade” transition for the background but don’t want the color to dip during the transition. Is there a way to do this? I thought if the image fading in didn’t fade at all and only outgoing image faded out, that would do the trick.

Please help.

Thanks.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please give me more details or some illustrations? I am not sure what you exactly means.
    Thank you.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

The site I am working on is here http://annavocino.com/kapow/ The password to view the site is: superchicken

As on BG images fades into the next, there is dip to darkness during the transition. Each image in the BG is almost identical and I only want the subtle changes to be noticed. When the entire BG dips in brightness, it interferes with this desired effect.

I tried to add an image but unsure if it is attached so I put it up here http://villagegreenstudios.com/BGcolorDip.jpg which requires no password to view.

Thank you.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Trying to upload image again.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, sorry about this. this is the original design of backslider plugin, I have tried different ways to change the fade transitions but all have side effect, so there is no better ways get to the effect you want presently.
    All the best

sammymaudlin
    Participant

I think I can solve this myself but need an uncompressed version of this file jquery.backslider.min.js . So it is probably something like jquery.backslider.js . Can you provide that to me?

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please login to themeforest with your account that buy this theme, forward to this page http://themeforest.net/user/bwsm and send a mail to him, he will reply you.
    Thank you

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I uncompressed the file myself and updated it and now the brightness dip is gone!

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Let me know if you want my revised copy of the jquery.backslider.min.js file that gets rid of the brightness dip. I”m happy to share it with you.

I have another question. Is it possible to to have the site always load and start with the background image #1? Including if the page is refreshed?

Thanks.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Actually just figured this one out too. In the jquery.backslider.min.js file I change this

startRandom: true,

to

startRandom: false,

Johnny
    Participant

hi, you can try this:
    1. create a category, let no posts under this category
    2. create a page with list template, page options/category select the category you create step 1
    3. assingment this page as your front page: settings/reading/a static page/front page select the page you create step 2.
    Best

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.