Home Forums Arnold WordPress Theme Adding Custom Fonts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SeaTheme 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kaneidentity
    Participant
    Purchased

Hello! Is there a way to add custom fonts to the font customization lists for practicality? (I can’t seem to find a fonts repository in the directory, only FontAwesome). Would the generic CSS coding on the child style sheet add the font to the lists or override all font selections? I have the OTF files for the custom fonts.

Side question: Should I expect a performance hit if I use @font-face?

Thank you so much!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  kaneidentity. Reason: additional details
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  kaneidentity. Reason: additional question

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,

Please refer the post: https://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/how-to-install-font-physical-copy/#post-14836

ps: suggest you use woff2 and woff format, the OTF is not web font

Regards!
    Bwsm – uiueux.comTwitterFacebook

kaneidentity
    Participant
    Purchased

Gotcha, thank you so much again! Another follow-up question regarding the post you referenced:

the samples given include the elements for Header/Body/Menu font. The Arnold theme provides multiple other elements to assign font styles; is there a location in the theme style sheet where I can find the names of these other elements for specific font assignment when I write my own assignments in the CSS? Or is there another way?

Thank you!

kaneidentity
    Participant
    Purchased

^(My related concern is that the font assignable elements not included by Header/Body/Menu will still adopt the parent font customization, which is why I’m wondering if I have to cover all the bases by locating the names of the other elements such as Page Title or Content Heading 1-6/etc)

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,

Please check the file to find other element className by Appearance > Editor: /functions/interface/interface-style.php, from line 532

e.g. for Content Heading 1-6, it is in line 698:

.entry h1,.entry h2,.entry h3,.entry h4,.entry h5,.entry h6, .text_block h1,.text_block h2,.text_block h3,.text_block h4,.text_block h5,.text_block h6,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h1,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h2,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h3,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h4,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h5,.ux-portfolio-template-intro h6,.slider-con-inn h1,.slider-con-inn h2,.slider-con-inn h3,.slider-con-inn h4,.slider-con-inn h5,.slider-con-inn h6,
    .infrographic-tit,.bignumber-item 
    {
    font-family: xxx
    }

(ps: the post title is line: 643)

Regards!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!