Home Forums Aside WordPress Theme Update problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bigthinkhead 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bigthinkhead
    Participant

Wordpress comes up new 4.2 update. Should I update it? Is Aside compatible to new version?

Actually I’m worried about the WordPress update EVERY TIME… Because it always happens some problems after update. It maybe affect my content, plugin, theme setting etc. Just something wrong…I don’t want to see the finished website goes wrong then takes me ages to fix it every time after update coz it’s frustrated. Can I just ignore the update?

But I wonder if I didn’t update new version of WordPress at all, would it be any problem later on?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, don’t suggest update 4.2 now, I tested it in 4.2, there is not problem for now. But I don’t suggest update 4.2 still. If you want to update, I suggest you update when wordpress release 4.2.1. There is not any problem if you don’t update wordpress now. It has been very mature.

Fw: there are some autoupdate settings in some host servers, you need de-activate it.

Best, Bwsm

bigthinkhead
    Participant

how about in the future? e.g. 4.3/4.4/4.5

Can I not update my wordpress anymore?

BWSM
    Keymaster

If your site runs fine, why to update? It’ll maybe bring trouble for you.

Do not immediately update when wordpress is released at least. wait to the 4.2.1/4.3.1/4.4.1 version

bigthinkhead
    Participant

I got it. Certainly u r true that I don’t wanna be trouble to update if everything runs fine.

Since two years ago there are massive wordpress websites were hacked and I was one of it. After that wordpress urge us to update for better security and that’s one of major reason I consider the update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.