Home Forums Bee WordPress Theme Translating header & footer-items in several languages

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lunte02 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lunte02
    Participant

Hi Uiueux-team,

I’m setting up a multilingual-page with your cool theme and the content is handled perfectly well by the WPML-plugin.
    Right now I stumpled about the header- and the footer-content. These informations are filled in at your theme-menue. But they affect “only” the main-language and I don’t know how to let these values translate by WPML.

In the footer the widgetized textblock “Über uns” can be set to different WPML-languages which is fine. The contactform is not affected. Is there a way to make it accessible to WPML?

Best regards,
    lunte

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi lunte02,

To translate the copyright information on footer, emails and address on header bar, please:

1. Install the plugin WPML String Translation.
    2. Go to left menu: WPML/String translation
    3. Find the following string (as the screenshot attached):

[ux_theme_option]theme_option_copyright
    [ux_theme_option]theme_option_textarea_header_info

Click on the “translations” on the right side of every string item, enter the target translated words, check on “Translation is complete” and save it.

BWSM
    Keymaster

To translate the contact form in footer, you need translate the po/mo file :

1. Open the /wp-content/themes/bee/languages/ folder and duplicate the default.po file, then rename it to your desired language code. For example, for German you need to rename it as de_DE.po for Spanish es_ES.po for Turkish tr_TR.po etc. You could find all the codes here.

2. Open the .po file in PO Edit, you will see all strings that need to be translated. Type the translation of a string into the “Translation” column. Do not delete or edit “Original string” part.
    After finish translating, save the file, an .mo file would be created in the same directory.

3. Upload the new files into the languages folder of the theme /wp-content/themes/bee/languages/

Note: You will notice the content of “default.po”” is very complex, you could use the reduced version named “defaule_frontend.po” to edit necessary strings which will be show on front end.

lunte02
    Participant

Hi BWSM,

string translation worked like “123”! Perfect – BIG thanks!

po/mo file doesn’t seem to affect back and frontend 😐

I give it another try tomorrow.

Thanks and cheers,
    lunte02

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.