Home Forums Fashionic WordPress Theme Support of touchdevices, galleria vs. flexslider

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 4 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xurubo93
    Participant

Hi,

I have noticed that the gallery is not prepared for touchdevices. There is a new version (1.3.2) of the galleria – jquery plugin which I installed today. But the support of touchdevices is still poor. Is there a chance to change to the flexslider plugin, as it will be more touchdevice-friendly?

Beyond that the flexslider is the better tool for responsive design. I’ve seen that you’ve been integrating this plugin recently but it was commented out in the functions.php. is there a reason for it?

Regards

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    Fashionic theme has already integrated galleria plugin version 1.2.8 and worked OK in touchdevices. to avoid conflict, please do not install it again.
    Thank you

xurubo93
    Participant

Hi,

can you describe “worked OK in touchdevices”? Version 1.2.8 has no support for touchdevices at all. This has been introduced to galleria since version 1.3.0

By the way: I didn’t install the new version beside the old one. I replaced the version 1.2.8 with the new one and changed the classic-theme in the package to fit my needs and it works like a charm. The gallery is now “quasi-touchable”. It’s a little bit choppy. That is the reason why I asked you if an integration of flexslider is possible, because I know that flexslider is much better in supporting touchdevices. I also noticed that the flexslider was part of the fashionic package recently, because the code was commented out.

So, I’m not getting tired to ask this question again: Is there a chance to change to the flexslider plugin?

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers

xurubo93
    Participant

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know, that I have integrated the latest version (2.2) of flexslider into your theme by myself. You can have a look on http://www.finallyyou.at/finally-you.

The result is what I mean, when I speak of touchdevices and also responsive. Please try it also with your mobile or tablet if available and you can see that swiping images is very smooth.

Cheers

Johnny
    Participant

Thank you very much. you are great.
    Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.