Home Forums Travel WordPress Theme Some problems with the the theme on my website…

This topic contains 75 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 76 posts - 1 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello,
    I purchased this theme several days ago and do love your design a lot! 🙂

So far on my website http://www.eng-lish.net , there seem to be some problems with the theme.
    Would you please help check and let me know how I could correct them, thanks.

1) When the title of one submenu has more than three Chinese characters, it will be cut into two lines.
    How can I make it shown in one line just like the ones with less than three characters do?
    2) Every link of my created menu and submenu goes to a BLANK page. There shows nothing and even the timeline
    disappears. Why?
    3) If I disable the menu function, then add some pages, the links on the bar of the frontpage now will work.
    But any comment on any page doesn’t display. Only the words in the Page Editing Area do.
    May I have the idea of how to make the comments show together with the contents?

ENGLISH
    Participant

Also, if I’d like to add some other fonts that the Title Font Style in Theme Options doesn’t have, like Chinese character fonts, what can I do?

By the way, I don’t mean to have some new fonts installed, but to add more names of the fonts, which most computers running Chinese Windows should have, like Arial, to the Title Font Style list.

Thanks again! 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -to fix sub-menu item issue, please open file style.css add below line at the bottom:
    .sub-menu li {width:50px;}
    -to fix the menu link issue(show blank page), please leaving you site login info here through private message(check option ‘Set as private reply’), I will update some script from backend.
    -to add custom font options to ‘title font style’, please open file travel/functions/option/options-sanitize.php and find line 353(or about), add font item what you desired(see attached image).
    -posts content will show comments except the post with gallery format, this is the original design.
    All the best

ENGLISH
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -have fixed the menu link issue for you. cause by you using a chinese menu name.
    -added comments content for you pages.
    -change comments text to chinese here:
    appearance/editor, select ‘comments.php’ from the righ side.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello urmyfriend,
    I’m really thankful for what you’ve done to my problems. Most of my problems were perfectly solved except the following ones, some of which are new:

1)I followed your instructions to add some Chinese font items to options-sanitize.php, but it didn’t work. Every time I typed any Chinese characters in this file, uploaded it to the server, and then all of the links went to a blank page. It seems that I should do something first to have the php file accept Chinese, shouldn’t I?

2)The link “LEAVE A REPLY” and “Reply” on every Page doesn’t work. No column shows after I click on the link while it works fine on the bottom of all the Posts.

3)Which file should be edited if I’d like to change every “Reply” link into Chinese?

4)I found that when someone left a comment without filling in his/her URL, the theme set it to the website URL by default; that means if I click on the comment author name next to his/her gravatar, the website will be loaded from the beginning again. Is it possible to just leave it blank or make the author name with no link? By the way, for those who leave a URL, where can I make his/her website shown in a new window instead of replacing the original one?

5)All the comments are set to be shown in an italic style by default. Where can I reset it to normal and what if I’d like to change its font?

Many thanks to you and sorry for the bother! 🙂

ENGLISH
    Participant

Also, I’d like a new window opened to show my Facebook link on the Footer bar. What should I do?
    Thanks again!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, all issue fixed for you. using attached file replace this file js/main.js
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Dear urmyfriend,
    Sorry for troubling you again and again, but I do need your help to adjust the theme to make my website better.
    The “add Chinese font items” issue still seems to stay there.
    The second attached image shows what I added to the file options-sanitize.php.
    mingliu, kaiu, and msjh are the .ttf or .ttc file names while 新細明體, 標楷體, and 微軟正黑體 are the fonts’ Chinese names used in software.
    The new options-sanitize.php always led every page of my website to a blank page like the first image attached.
    Is there any possible solution?
    🙂

ENGLISH
    Participant

Also, the .mp3 file on the bottom of my first post cannot be played on Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518, but it works correctly on Firefox 27.0.1. Do I need to do any patches?

ENGLISH
    Participant

By the way, if I plan to change the names of the comment authors into bold font and green color or something no matter they leave his/her URLs or not, which file should I try to edit? Thanks. ^O^

ENGLISH
    Participant

Good night! I’ve got another question.
    Is it possible to have .flv clip supported to be embedded and played inside a post?
    Or what are the supported music and movie formats? Thanks again!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -fonts issue, you lost commas at the end of each font items, see attached image 2.
    -audio/video, The better way is to use wordpress built-in post format: audio and video, see attached image 1
    -auther text style, add below code at the bottom of file style.css:
    #comments_box .comment-author, #comments_box .comment-author a{color:#24A724;font-weight:bolder}
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Thank you so much, urmyfriend.
    I’ll follow your suggestion later after work.
    Just now I tried to use my mobile phone to check my website.
    I found the same issue, that was solved perfectly on PC, appeared on my mobile devices, like a cellphone and an iPad.
    The links “LEAVE A REPLY” and “Reply” on every PAGE don’t work. No column shows after I click on either link while it works fine on the bottom of all the POSTs.
    Would you please help to check again?
    Best wishes to you!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, using attached file replace js/main.js, this will make mobile devices working with comments,
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

So many thanks for your help.
    As to the “add Chinese font items” issue, I followed you to add commas at the end of each font items.
    Now three blanks were added to the last of the menu but the fonts’ names don’t appear. (See attached image 1&2.)
    Is there anything I should have done?

ENGLISH
    Participant

As to the audio/video issue,
    I followed your advice and ran a test by creating two posts. (See the latest two posts on my website.)

One is with a .mp3 audio file embedded, using the wordpress built-in audio post format, and the other with a .flv video file, using the video post format. (See the attached images 3&4.) Both of these two media can be played normally in the Media page of the backend panel. (See the attached images 1&2.)

And now the .mp3 audio file can only be played on Firefox 27.0.1; Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518 can’t play it correctly. Confusingly the .flv can be played on neither Firefox nor IE.

Would you please help to check again? I deeply appreciated your kindness. 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -not sure what is the reason of fonts issue, please try update you added font item like this:
    ‘新細明體’=>’新細明體’
    -installed plugin FIAGallery for you to resolve the mp3/flv issues, check test posts please. remember using standard format.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello, urmyfriend!
    I’m still not able to work out the fonts issue with the item being updated to something like ‘新細明體’ => ‘新細明體’.
    Do you have a Chinese font file or need I email you one to run a test? Hope there can be a solution soon.

The plugin FIAGallery did solve the .flv video playing problem on both Firefox and IE. But now .mp3 audio files can be played on neither of the browsers. Strangely, even with the player itself on the Music Box page of FIAGallery on the backend, .mp3 files can’t be played, either. It returned an error message “Couldn’t load the media file.Error #2032.” I think there must be something wrong with the settings or the plugin itself. Do you have any idea?

Thanks! 🙂

ENGLISH
    Participant

By the way, the leaving comments problem mentioned before is found somewhere else.
    In my second latest POST “網站改版中”, I left the link “發聲迴響” to guide users to the PAGE to leave comments.
    When the link inside the post is clicked, a new windows brings out the PAGE, the “LEAVE A REPLY” and “Reply” links then break.
    I think I need your help once more.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, for fonts issue, please leaving you site ftp acount info here through private message, I will try some test;
    for mp3 playing issue, please change mp3 file name to english chars;
    because this theme ajax feature, links recursion call will break the ajax logic. sorry about this, please consider using other ways to guide user to comments page.
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello!
    Another issue was reported to me by several users.
    When they read my gallery format post for the first time (Take my second latest post for example.), the icons on the right side may disappear. (See attached image file.)
    Is this problem caused by their net-surfing environment, or actually I can do something to make the icons appear all the time?
    Thanks so much.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, new chinese font works now.
    for gallery post control icons issue, I can not repeat this from my end. May need to wait a few seconds? not sure.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hooray! Thank you, urmyfriend!
    The Theme TRAVEL is becoming perfect with your help. Next time if your company has similar new themes, do let me know, I’ll be glad to purchase one to dress my website up! 🙂

For the gallery post control icons issue, I thought it could be because the post showed the five circles first, then loaded all the photos inside, and last proceeded to show the icons. If it’s true, when somebody reads a gallery format post with many photos for the first time, and the server is slow due to traffic or some other reasons, then the icons may delay quite long for no catch or cookies reason. So is it possible to have the icons shown right after the circles, and followed by photos. Or it’s not the problem? 🙂

Besides, may I have the idea of where to change the DATE format under the title of every post to the style 2014年03月08日, where “年” means “YEAR”, “月” means “MONTH”, and “日” means “DAY.”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  ENGLISH.

ENGLISH
    Participant

Also, the play icon doesn’t show on FIAGallery video player when a post with a clip embedded is read. A user needs to click on the blank white square, where a play icon should appear, to play the video first, then presses the pause icon, the play icon will finally show.(See attached images.) Though this is not an important issue, I still would like to know if it can be corrected. Thanks! ^O^

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hi, urmyfriend!
    I’m here again to report one more error. Here are what I did with IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
    -Read the second latest post “小小倫.”
    -Leave the gallary.
    -Read the third latest post “折翼天使.”
    -Click on the “發聲迴響” at the bottom of the post; then click CROSS icon to close the post without leaving a reply.
    -Read the latest post “網站改版中.”
    -Click CROSS icon to close the post.
    -Read the fourth latest post “Close your eyes. You will see.”
    -Click CROSS icon to close the post.
    -Read the latest post “網站改版中.”
    -(Maybe read and close one or two more posts..)

SOMETIMES right after some of these steps, posts would then be displayed incorrectly. (See attached images.) This mistake seemed not able to repeat in the same step with the same browser all the time, but it often happened if I kept reading and closing different posts. Can this happen from your end? What may the solutions be? Thanks a lot.

By the way, I prefer also changing the data format to 2014年03月08日(YEAR MONTH DAY) at the bottom of every post and the format of date & time below any comment to 2014年03月08日 22時02分 (two spaces between the date and time)which is now read as “03-08-2014, 10:02 下午.” Sorry for keeping troubling you. If you’ve got lots of work to do, you may just tell me which file(s) to edit to make it, and then I’ll try myself. Thank you so much.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -date format have updated for you.
    -please reference here to optimimze the gallery post performance on IE: http://galleria.io/docs/references/optimize/
    -don’t know why the video player default icon is a white square, same as here: http://photogallerycreator.com/flv-video-players/flv-video-player-for-wordpress/
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

hi, I have tried steps you guided in previouse post with different browsers, but not find any problem on my end.:(
    May be you can clear you browser cache for a try?
    comments date and time format have tweaked for you,
    Best

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Johnny.

ENGLISH
    Participant

Dear urmyfriend,
    It’s really nice of you to do me such favor! without your help, I may have given up using WordPress…
    For the incorrect display and video player default icon issues, I’ll do some more tests and try to figure out what may cause these problems.

Now what troubles me most is the #2686 issue posted ob March 6. I took your suggestion to use other ways to guide users to the comment page for I’d known the reason why and thought it was no problem with me anymore until I found that even on the PAGE “發聲迴響” with comments more than one page, this problem also happened. It means that nobody can leave a reply to the comments not on the latest page if I don’t try to have the problem solved. Is there anything I can do to at least correct this error?

Also, may I have the idea of which file the phrase “點這裡取消回覆” which means “To cancel making a comment.” at the bottom of any post is located in? I looked over for it in most of the .php files but just couldn’t find it.

Many thanks for you! 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, the alternative way to let user leaving comments as normal is not using pagination on comment, you can set it at backend ‘settings/discussion’> Break comments into pages with 0 …
    the phrase “點這裡取消回覆” is in your wordpress language pack: wp-content/languages/zh_TW.mo. but you could not edit it directly.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello, urmyfriend!
    Thanks for your advice. I’ve set the discussion not to use pagination temporarily.
    But to tell the truth, it’s not the best solution to me for there may be several hundred commends on the PAGE “發聲迴響” in the future. If I keep doing so, the long page won’t be suitable for reading at all.
    I wonder if your company sells any guestbook plugins for WordPress that support both private comments and Facebook accounts. Or do you know some other third-party plugins that may meet my needs? I think that purchasing a professional guestbook plugin that is able to work perfectly with your wonderful theme should be a good idea.

Johnny
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hi urmyfriend,
    Here I come again! ^O^
    I just have “SEO Facebook Comments” installed, setting the Layout Type to Fluid, on my WrodPress with the theme Travel to support Facebook accounts. But on every page and post, the plugin comment blank is located on the right side, not in the center of the page or post shown. If I’d like to have it middle-aligned, should I adjust something from the theme end or the plugin itself? Thanks a lot!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please active the “SEO Facebook Comments” plugin. I will check the position issue for you later,
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -for ‘the plugin comment blank is located on the right side’, I can see nothing about this. could you please give me an image illustrate?
    -for the plugin options saving issue, please forward plugin’s support forum or contact the author first.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try login with this url: http://www.eng-lish.net/wp-login.php
    anything please let me known
    Best

Johnny
    Participant

if still can not login, please contact your hosting service support first. reference here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/login-error-cookies-are-blocked-or-not-supported-by-your-browser
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello, urmyfriend!
    I re-installed WordPress with Theme Travel from the beginning and tried to make all the adjustments mentioned in this topic myself again. But there are still some matters that I have no idea where to set up. Would you please guide me to make them? Thank you so much! 🙂
    -Point 4 in the issue #2611 (on both PAGE and POST)
    -Issue #2612
    -Issue #2739 with an image illustrate in #2743
    -I’d like to add TIME in every post (only DATE is shown now), just like what is under each comment. Which file should I edit? In other words, “2012年07月08日 維倫英語” now should be adjusted to “2012年07月08日 07時07分 維倫英語”, for example.

Johnny
    Participant

hi,
    -align fbseocomments form center:
    open file plugins/seo-facebook-comments/seofacebook.php, find this line:
    document.getElementById('fbSEOComments').style.width = fbSEOWrapperWidth + 'px';
    change to:

document.getElementById('fbSEOComments').style.width = 'auto';
    document.getElementById('fbSEOComments').style.text-align = 'center';

-change posts date format:
    open file single.php, find:
    <span class="date"><?php the_date('Y年m月j日'); ?></span>
    to:
    <span class="date"><?php the_date('Y年m月j日 G時i分'); ?></span>
    other issues reply you later,
    Thank you

Johnny
    Participant

-change comment author link:
    open file functions.php, find this:
    <a href="<?php comment_author_url(); ?>"><?php comment_author(); ?></a>
    to:

<?php if(strlen(get_comment_author_url())>0){ ?>
             <?php }else{ ?>
               <?php comment_author(); ?>
             <?php } ?>

Johnny
    Participant

-open facebook icon link in new tab:
    open file functions/include_socialicon.php, add below code to the ‘a’ tag with id=”social_facebook”:
    target="_blank"
    All the best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Dear urmyfriend,
    Thanks for your great help.
    The “align fbseocomments form center” code seems not working well. I’ll report you of what was wrong later.
    A newer problem with the theme I found just now is:
    -With the plugin SEO Facebook Comments installed, strangely, the Facebook comment frame on any page or post will only show once. In other words, when a user connects to my website http://eng-lish.net , no matter he/she chooses to read a page or a post, the fbseocomments frame works normally. But after their closing the first page/post, the fbseocomments frame will never shows on the following page/post. I thought the cause of the problem might be the “#” sign added to my domain name after first page/post read. Can this issue be repeated on your end? Please help to check. Thanks! 🙂

ENGLISH
    Participant

Not sure if my descriptions are easy to understand. Let me give an example.
    1. Link to http://eng-lish.net/
    2. Click on the latest post “網站改版進行式” to open it; the Facebook comment frame shows normally on the bottom.
    3. Click on the CROSS sign to close the post.
    4. Click on the last page “你來我往” to open it; the Facebook comment frame DOESN’T show.
    5. Close the browser, repeat step 1 and 4; the Facebook comment frame actually works fine without steps 2 & 3.

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -remove the sign ‘#’ at the end of url:
    open file single.php and fine this line:
    <a class="closeBtn" href="#"
    change it to
    <a class="closeBtn" href="javascript:;"
    -other issue reply you later,
    Thank you

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please leaving you site login info here through private message. I need some test for facebook comments issue,
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please try using attached file replace this file js/main.js to fix facebook comments issue.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please try update main.js this line:
    FB.XFBML.parse(mydiv);
    to
    FB.XFBML.parse(mydiv, function() {mydiv.style.width='auto';});
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Let me add some more information on the “align fbseocomments form center” issue. After running some tests on different kinds of browsers on my PC, I found on the first post or page a user read on my website without any cookies or caches in his/her browser, the fbseocomments form would still stay right-aligned like the image on post #2743, and the fbseocomments login menu the 4th image of the post #2787 showed worked then. But on the following posts or pages, the fbseocomments form went back to left-aligned like the 2nd image of the post #2787 where the fbseocomments login menu went not functional. This matter is a little bit strange bur interesting for the setting is the same, but the results of the first reading and the second/third/fourth… ones are different! 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -the “#” issue, please open file page.php and updated it with post #2768 commented.
    -for the fbseocomments plugin issue, I suggest you contact the plugin author first would be better,
    anything please let me known,
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello urmyfriend,
    -for the “#” issue, I’ve updated file page.php with post #2768 commented and restarted the server. It does work for the first post or page a user reads. But the sign ‘#’ at the end of url still appears, for example, after you click to open any post/page, CROSS to close it, click to open any other page/post again, and then also CROSS to close it.
    -for the fbseocomments plugin issue, I’ll follow your suggestion later.
    Thanks for your great help! ^O^

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, have updated the page.php file for you. check it please.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello, urmyfriend!

I installed WordPress 3.9 with Travel Theme on my new VPS and tried to solve all the issues above on my own, but there are still some that I have no idea what to do. Would you please do me a favor?
    (The site login info will be included in the next private message.)

#1- The “LEAVE A REPLY” link, blank, and the comment content don’t show on PAGEs.
    #2- Posts can’t be shown! You may try to click on the only post on my new website. Everything except the background pictures will be gone.

If possible and not that complex, please also let me know the code so that I can do it myself next time I reinstall my website, thanks a lot! 🙂

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, The demo site is installed with WP3.9: http://ximudesign.com/travel/, but have not find problem #2. please leaving you site ftp info here through private message. I need some test.
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, issue #2 have fixed for you. issue #1 is testing, be patient please.
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

ENGLISH
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, page’s commnents now working, check it please.
    Best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hi, urmyfriend!
    Thanks again for your unbelievably fast support; both of the issues are now perfertly solved!
    As you can see, there is one comment on each of the two POSTs on the website now.
    There show the avartar, name, time, and link, however, the content of the comment doesn’t appear on the post!
    Would you please teach me how to correct it? 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, have fixed for you, check it please.
    All the best

ENGLISH
    Participant

Many thanks to you, urmyfriend! 🙂
    By the way, may I ask for the code and file name so that I can correct issue #1 mentioned on post #3165 above on my own someday in the future?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, backup the theme folder ‘travel’ would be better,
    Thank you

ENGLISH
    Participant

Hello!
    In a post, if I’d like the comment author’s website opened in a new tab when someone clicks on the author’s name, in which file should I edit to put the code target=”_blank” ? Thanks a lot!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, open file functions.php and find this line:
    Best

Viewing 76 posts - 1 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.