Home Forums Theone WordPress Theme Social icons?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

pixel
    Participant

I’ve chosen the icons for each social account, but on the site they only appear as text. How do I get the icons to show?

Thanks.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi
    There is the way to show the icon in footer:
    Please download the file and unzip it, replace the ../themes/theone/functions/interface/interface-funtions.php

remove the underline by the css:
    .social-icons-footer .icons-unit:before { display:none; }

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

pixel
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ve uploaded the new php file, but I can’t seem to find the exact line to remove. Is it in style.css. My site is http://beta.pixelkicks.co.uk.

Thanks.

BWSM
    Keymaster

I mean add the css (not remove) to custom css box(wp-admin/theone/general setting)
    .social-icons-footer .icons-unit:before { display:none; }

Because the mouseover on icon, the underline would be shown. The css will remove the underline.

pixel
    Participant

Thanks.

dashmista
    Participant

How should I replace the functions php file? Add it to theone folder and reinstall theme?

dashmista
    Participant

Nevermind, I got the file in by reinstalling the theme =).

However, the “tooltip” is shown as text on the footer (but not the header). I do not want the tooltip text to be next to the icon, how can I change it to a true tooltip like it is in the header?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi dashmista,

Do you want to the social icons shown on both header and footer without text?

Best

dashmista
    Participant

Yes. But I want a tooltip for both too.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi dashmista,

If you want hide the text of social link in footer.

Please login wp-admin, go to Theone / General Settings / Custom Css
    Paste the css to Custom Css

.social-icons-footer .social-text {display: none;}

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  BWSM.

gmann
    Participant

Confused??? Can you please explain what code goes where to replace the social link as text to social icons in footer rather than just text. I know you posted it, but still confused!

Thanks so much 🙂
    Gina

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Gina,

Find the file: ../themes/theone/functions/interface/interface-funtions.php
    open it by a code editor.

Find line 446:
    <?php if($key =='footer'){ echo '<span class="social-text">'.$tip.'</span>'; } else { ?>
    update to:
    <?php if($key =='footer'){ echo '<span class="social-text">'.$tip.'</span>'; ?><i class="<?php echo $icon; ?>"></i><?php } else { ?>

gmann
    Participant

Thank you for your help, however I cannot locate the line you started above. I swear I am not clueless! I am using Advanced Code Editor and this location does not exist.

Just want to replace social media words with social icons in the footer area. Your help is really appreciated.

gmann
    Participant

Here’s a screen shot on my editor. thanks so much 🙂

BWSM
    Keymaster

You need use FTP to login your host space ( to find the file: ../themes/theone/functions/interface/interface-funtions.php )

gmann
    Participant

Found the file in my FTP site – how do I edit the code from here?
    There must be an easier way???
    Your help is REALLY APPRECIATED 🙂

BWSM
    Keymaster

I have changed the file, please download(click) and unzip it, replace it to (../themes/theone/functions/interface/interface-funtions.php)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.