Home Forums Teddy WordPress Theme several questions concerning excerpts/change title+button in contact form

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

tine
    Participant

Hej!

We are using your template ‘Teddy’ for a project called Bästa Biljetten and like it a lot!
    We mainly work with excerpts and have some questions concerning this:

We would like to change the line spacing of the heading in the gallery post excerpt as marked in the picture i attached. (The spacing of the content text is fine.) Can you help us with this?

When using gallery posts, arrows to click to the next picture appear in the excerpt even if we only use one picture. Is it possible to only show these arrows when there is more than one picture in the post?
    We also wonder if it is possible to create fixed columns and buttons/links in the excerpts?

Last but not least: We tried to change title and button in the contact form, but somehow our changes do not appear on the website. What to do?

(I’m not sure if the picture is attached now, I tried to upload it twice but I don’t see it here.)

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please leaving your site url here, I will chekc it for you later,
    Thank you

tine
    Participant

thanks a lot!

this is the url:
    http://www.bastabiljetten.se

Johnny
    Participant

hi,
    1. change heading spacing: open style.css, add this line at bottom ‘h3.post-title a{line-height:40px}’
    2. do not show arrow when only one picture: open js/main.js find this line:
    ‘if( event.type === ‘mouseenter’ ){
    jQuery(‘.carousel-control’).fadeIn();
    }else{
    jQuery(‘.carousel-control’).fadeOut();
    }’
    replace it with:
    ‘if (jQuery(‘.carousel .item’).length > 1) {
    if( event.type === ‘mouseenter’ ){
    jQuery(‘.carousel-control’).fadeIn();
    }else{
    jQuery(‘.carousel-control’).fadeOut();
    }
    }’
    3. wordpress excerpt function will automatically remove button shortcode and link tags
    4. to change contact form elements style, please give me more detail info(what style do you desired?), and if you don’t mind please leaving your site login info here through private message, may be I can help you to do that.
    Best

tine
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

tine
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

hi,
    1. contact form title:
    becasue your contact page have using sidebar_1 widget, so you should setting title text under widget sidebar_1.(have changed the text for you)
    2. the login user you give me have not the right to using editor, so please try this http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/excerpt-problem/ by youself. if have problem, please let me known.
    3. add below script to the bottom of file single-gallery.php for change image from left to right:
    <style>.siderbar_gallery{position: absolute;}#single-wrap {margin-left: 320px;}</style>
    Best

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please ignore above point 2, belwo is the update,
    to add ‘more’ link under excerpt please do this:
    open the file functions.php, find this
    ‘function twentyten_continue_reading_link() {
    return ”;
    }
    function twentyten_auto_excerpt_more( $more ) {
    return ‘ …’ . twentyten_continue_reading_link();
    }
    add_filter( ‘excerpt_more’, ‘twentyten_auto_excerpt_more’ );’

replace it with

function new_excerpt_more($output) {
        return $output . '<p><a href="'. get_permalink() . '">' . 'Read the Rest...' . '</a></p>';
    }
    add_filter('get_the_excerpt', 'new_excerpt_more');

good luck

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  Johnny.

tine
    Participant

Thanks again for your help!

The changes you describe in 3.: I’m nut sure if we talk about the same thing. What i meant:
    When you make a regular post you can chose a picture that appears both in the excerpt and as header in the post. In the excerpt, the picture takes up most of the space on the left side.
    (As in this post http://medeasbarn.se/2013/06/03/forfattarna/ and the first excerpt on this page http://medeasbarn.se/aktuella-pjaser/)

What we want is the text and the picture to chance place: Much text and just a little picture.
    Is it still the same solution?

You didn’t write anything else about line breaks in the excerpts. Is there a way to fix that?
    We want to have two blocks instead of one.

Thank you 🙂

Johnny
    Participant

hi, sorry about me misunderstanding, please ignore above point 3. to alternavite excerpt width, below is a example using standard post:
    open file mod-standard.php, find this line <div class="listitem_bigimg span8"> change to <div class="listitem_bigimg span4">, and line <div class="listitem_info span4"> change it to <div class="listitem_info span8">
    if you want change gallery post excerpts width, please change mod-gallery.php file accordingly.
    about excertps two blocks, please give me more details, what style should be like with 2 blocks? and which block show what content?
    Thank you

tine
    Participant

This sounds great.

I think if your solution from above works we will not need the two blocks in the excerpt actually.
    But I will get back to you if we still need that!

I think your support is awesome! Patient, quick and super friendly.
    I wish you all the best and hope I don’t need your help again 🙂

Best wishes from Stockholm

Johnny
    Participant

No problem, I am honored to serve you with our theme. if you don’t mind please rate us with five star when you go to themeforest, I would greatly appreciate.
    Thank you again!

tine
    Participant

Hej!

So eventually I’m back again with my question about splitting the text in the excerpt into two blocks…

We would like to split the content from the excerpt of a normal post into two blocks/columns to make it easier to read. (see screenshot_hel for what it looks like now and screenshot_two columns for what we want it to be like.) The best for us would be if we could chose if we want to have one or two columns.

Please let me know if you need a more detailed description!

We have another question about sharing posts in social media.
    We want to be able to spread our posts via Facebook and Instagram, but right now we can only do this via twitter and google+ (which we don’t want to use). Where and how can I change that?
    Also, when the function is activated in the blog post, the Google+ button is somewhat out of line (see screenshot social media).

Thank you so much!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  tine.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. For 2 cols, you need use shortcode in Excerpt box like:

[one_half] Lorem pulvinar ridiculus dignissim in lorem. Dolor quis penatibus est dictumst turpis, pellentesque amet risus et ultricies tincidunt, dolor magna montes, elit pellentesque dis! [/one_half] [one_half_last] Lorem pulvinar ridiculus dignissim in lorem. Dolor quis penatibus est dictumst turpis, pellentesque amet risus et ultricies tincidunt, dolor magna montes, elit pellentesque dis! [/one_half_last]

Enter the code in functions.php to make the Excerpt can be shown shortcode:

add_filter( 'the_excerpt', 'shortcode_unautop');
    add_filter( 'the_excerpt', 'do_shortcode');

BWSM
    Keymaster

2. For share button, it will be update in next version. The quick fix: please download and unzip the zip file, replace single-standard.php and single-gallery.php in teddy folder.

I don’t know that Instagram supply share api like Twitter. could you supply a sample. We’ll try find the solution.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  BWSM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.