Home Forums Bee WordPress Theme Reply to Susan Su

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Johnny
    Participant

Hi there,
    I recently purchased your theme, Bee, from Themeforest, for use on my site http://10daysbali.com.
    However, I’m having some issues…

Hi, thank you for purchasing our theme.
    to set up frontpage like our demo site, please do this:
    1.create your content(add posts)
    2.create a page with pagebuilder, add modules what you like
    3.assignment this page to your frontpage(settings/reading)
    reference guide: http://www.uiueux.com/a/bee/documentation/
    Update theme settings should not break the site, please give me more deatails about this issue.
    Best

susanfsu
    Participant

Hi, thanks so much for your quick reply here. Page Builder is working well for me.

However, the header isn’t updating properly — the image doesn’t display, and the header text won’t go away, even when I set it to not show header text.

Is this a problem with how the theme is interacting with WordPress?

I’m updating the header under Appearance > Header, using WordPress version 3.8.1

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please see attached images for change the page header.
    to add text block background color please do this:
    switch to page builder, choose module, select ‘text block’, on text block click ‘edit’, enter content, check items in ‘background color’
    Best

susanfsu
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I can get the text to show properly now, but am wondering — how can I make the header image appear? I uploaded a header-sized image file to “custom logo”, but it’s not displaying.

Or, is it possible to set a background color for the header zone?

Susan

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please reference attached image for add header images. to change header background color please do this:
    open file bee/functions/theme/theme-style.php and add below code at the bottom, change the color value to what you desire:
    #header_wrap{background-color:#ee9898}
    Best

susanfsu
    Participant

Hello,

I followed these steps to upload an image (http://10daysbali.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/bannerfans_103462731.png), and hit Save Options at the bottom, but the header does not display.

Is it the wrong size? Why will it not display in the header area of the site?

Thank you.

Susan

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, could you please leaving your site login info here through private message?(check option ‘Set as private reply’), I will check it from backend,
    Thank you

susanfsu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, header image shows up.
    Best

susanfsu
    Participant

Hi, but is this correct? It won’t display as the full regular header?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, this is correct. this is the theme orginal design, please reference here: http://www.uiueux.com/theme/?theme=bee
    Thank you

susanfsu
    Participant

Hi

Ok. In order to change the header background color, is there a way I can do it from within the WordPress Editor (rather than getting the theme-style.php file from FTP)?

susanfsu
    Participant

Also, why is it that the custom logo appears so small, even though I set the width to be 700px?

susanfsu
    Participant

Sorry to keep replying… but also, there seems to be a problem with using the Full Width Wrap, using Page Builder on my Home page.

Expected result:

1. Set Full Width Wrap with image background and Website Layout as “Full Width”
    2. Image background appears as full site background, centered to the page.

Actual result:

1. Set Full Width Wrap with image background and Website Layout as “Full Width”
    2. Image background appears right-aligned, and shows white space padding at left margin, top margin, and bottom margin of page.

I would like that ocean image to be the full background of the site. Can you help?

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    1. change header background color: sorry about this, presently there is no better way than ftp file update.
    2. the logo image size with 350×147 px would be better.
    3. please reference here to fix this issue:
    http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/fullwidth-wrap/
    Thank you

susanfsu
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and further help.

To fix the full width wrap issue, will I need to download that zip file and replace it to my bee/js folder?

Can you confirm the exact location and steps — I am not too familiar with this and want to make sure I don’t break anything.

Thank you very much.

Susan

susanfsu
    Participant

ps — also, how can I change the background color for the header area? Currently the default is white.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, to change header background color, please open file bee/functions/theme/theme-style.php and add below code at the bottom, change the color value to what you desire:
    #header_wrap{background-color:#ee9898}
    Best

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.