Home Forums Travel WordPress Theme Reply to leonudwin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Johnny
    Participant

leonudwin:
    I am trying to set up the home page on my site with the background images as shown in the demo. This is my site – http://mushinda.com/demo/
    I can not find any documentation regarding home page background images. Can you please provide instructions.

Hi, please setting background images as attached image guided.
    Best

Mushinda1
    Participant

Thanks for the response, I was able to sort it out. Not sure how I missed that page. I have a few more questions.

1) When I am viewing a gallery how can I get the theme to only show the images from the specific gallery clicked on. It seems to scroll through all the images on the site and not just the post you are viewing. I want the post to loop the images

2) If I edit the theme is it possible to enlarge the embedded google maps?

3) How to I prevent a post from showing on the timeline?

4) what do you think is the best size of images to upload for galleries or backgrounds? pixel dimensions.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    1. open file single.php and remove below codes will stop loop all gallery posts:

<div id="urlList" style="display:none">
    <?php
    $args = array( 'numberposts' => 30 );
    $lastposts = get_posts( $args );
    foreach($lastposts as $post) : setup_postdata($post); ?>
    <?php if ( ( function_exists( 'get_post_format' ) && 'gallery' == get_post_format( $post->ID ) )  )  { ?><span><?php echo the_permalink();?></span><?php } endforeach; ?>
    </div>

2. the google map block zoom control already there. if enlarge the map block, I think this will break the original design.
    3. create a page with ‘list page’ template, and set option ‘category’ to filter the posts. from backend settings/reading, assign the page to front page.
    4. the backgound images have not dimension limited, but the smaller the size, the performance of loading will be increased.
    Best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.