Home Forums Bee WordPress Theme Problem in mobile

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

youthtruth
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having a couple of problems with the smaller size mobile version-

1) Text isn’t wrapping and/or shrinking to fit and goes off the page. Please see below.
    2) The padding on the promotion boxes is huge and barely 2 words can fit on a line. Can the padding be increased for mobile? please see the Mission statement: http://www.youthtruthsurvey.org/about/

Thank you!
    YT

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  youthtruth.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, for 1) open file bee/styles/pagebuild.css line 1071 add this: word-wrap: break-word;
    for 2) still open file pagebuild.css comment line 1531;
    Best

youthtruth
    Participant

Great! Thank you so much!

youthtruth
    Participant

Hi, the padding issue was fixed in mobile, but also changed the overall look too on a regular screen/browser. So now there is too much space here: http://www.youthtruthsurvey.org/about/ (right side of Mission and History)

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please try add below codes at the bottom of file bee/styles/pagebuild.css:
    #post-687 .row-fluid .span6{width:57%}
    Best

youthtruth
    Participant

I did this, but the mobile problem returned where only 1 word fits on each line. See attached.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try moving the snippet to file style.css right after this line:
    @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    Best

youthtruth
    Participant

Perfect! Thank you!

sellarsc
    Participant

My site does not display in safari on iphone. I just get a blank screen. Here is the site.

wlnfe.org

I have probably missed soemthing obvious but would really appreciate your help.

sellarsc
    Participant

I have managed to get some content to display on an iphone display but taking my slider out of a full width wrap and putting it into a general wrap.

I am also having trouble getting the site to work properly on smartphone screens.

How do I get my menu to display on a small phone screen like an iphone?

The modules and masonry blog items are not resizing or moving to fit on the screen and the page is not scrollable left to right.Therefore I can only see the left hand side of the page.

The pink text box beneath the slider is not scrinking or wrapping at all, even though it is a simple text module.

Is there a fix for this?

If not … what can I do to simply display a tiny version of the whole page without any attempts to rearrange?

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi sellarsc,

I visit your site by iphone, it is fine. This video is a screencast of my test result. Did you use the iphone test? which version of ios? Could you plz paste a screenshot?

Best, Bwsm

sellarsc
    Participant

Thank you so much for replying so quickly and for taking the time to test and share your video.

I am using iOS 8.1.2 on an iPhone 5s and browsing using safari.

I mentioned before that I managed to get the slideshow to display by taking it out of a full page wrap and putting it in to a general wrap.
    However the page does not seem to be adjusting to a small screen and I cannot access the menu on the mobile left side.
    I checked to see that I was viewing the mobile version and not set to desktop view in Safari. It is a mystery.
    Your theme is absolutely gorgeous and everyone loves the site.

sellarsc
    Participant

Ha …. I think I may have discovered the issue. The phone was set to display slightly larger text in the phone display settings.
    Shrinking the text in the display settings for the phone seems to have fixed it.

Looks beautiful. Thank you so much for your help. You are a star!

BWSM
    Keymaster

Glad you fix it, sellarsc 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.