Home Forums Flowfolio WordPress Theme Open link in a new window/tab

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Loving this theme and using it here http://annavocino.com/kapow (PW= superchicken )

I have a custom link in the menu “Gluten Free Anna” and have “Open link in a new window/tab” checked in the menu setting and added “noajax” in the “Link Relationship (XFN)” setting. Yet it opens over the current page and not in a new window or tab.

Help?

sammymaudlin
    Participant

I figured out a fix using a plugin called “Open external links in a new window”. Anyone using this plugin will need to uncheck the “open in a new window” option and do not add “noajax”. Works for me.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

ooops. It didn’t completely work. My workaround with the plugin did open the external site in a new window but delivers this error on the primary site “Perhaps the network unstable, please click refresh page.”

Help?

sammymaudlin
    Participant

I deactivated the plugin and returned the custom menu item to “open in a new window” with “noajax”. Link works but opens in the same window so I’m back where I started from. Help would be great. Thanks.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please open file js/main.js find this line window.location.href=this.href;, replace it with:
    window.open( this.href, '_blank');,
    Best

sammymaudlin
    Participant

Yay! That was an easy edit for me and it worked right away. Thank you so much.

kriekenro
    Participant

I edited main.js the way it is described above, which indeed opens a new tab, BUT it shows an error message on my website saying: “Perhaps the network unstable, please click refresh page.”…

Any help would be welcome. I really do not want visitors to move away from my website.

Thx in advance.

Robin

BWSM
    Keymaster
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.