Home Forums Travel WordPress Theme Limit the amount of thumbnails shows in the timeline for a single post

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Japan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Japan
    Participant

If I create a gallery post lets say with 30 images and then publish it, the main timeline view will display all 30 thumbnails. Im assuming if I post 100 images into the gallery post the timeline will display all 100. Can I limit this somehow? I still want the gallery to hold and display all 100 images but the main timeline to limit the amount of displayed thumbnails to lets say the first 10.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please doing this to limit the number of posts showing in timeline:
    1. create a new page: template select ‘list page’, set page option ‘number of posts per page’ as you desire.
    2. set this page as your front page: settings/reading: front page displays: a static page, select the page name you created step 1.
    Best

Japan
    Participant

I think you misunderstand. I already limited the number of posts on the list page. I am not concerned with the number of posts.

I am concerned with the number of thumbnails per gallery post. I want to limit the amount of thumbnails per post. SO each gallery post only displays maybe 10 thumbnails. Once you click on the gallery post it will then display the gallery as normal.

Currently the amount of thumbnails per post on the timeline is not limited. If I create a new post with 100 images in the gallery and refresh my site all 100 thumbnails will display on the main timeline. I dont want this. I have included a sample screenshot to highlight the area I am speaking of.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, sorry for me misunderstanding. to limit thumbnails in timeline:
    1. open file include_block.php: appearance/editor: include_block,
    find this line: foreach ( $attachments as $k=>$attachment ) {,
    add this below it:
    if($k > 3) break;
    Best

Japan
    Participant

Thank you so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.