Home Forums Aside WordPress Theme Install issue on wordpress

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dnzpete
    Participant

Hi guys! Just tried to install the theme but got this issue:

“The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.”

How can I sort this out?

Cheers

Pete

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try install this theme from ftp. upload folder ‘aside’ under you unpacked dir to wp-content/themes.
    Best

dnzpete
    Participant

Cool done that and that works but having problems with the demo mode. I really need to use it as I am not really getting a hang of it.

Basically it loads for two hours with the “please dont change page” text, but never changes. I changed page anyway but the files havent loaded correctly so now its broken.

How do I restart the process and get it working?

Also in the FTP upload folder on wordpress, which folders should be in the main tree? Should I not upload the demo.xml and aside child template too?

http://239.d71.myftpupload.com/

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, you also could import demo from backend like this: Tools>Import>WordPress, data file location: aside/functions/theme/demo-data.xml
    Best

dnzpete
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, if you don’t mind, please leaving your site login info here through private message(Check option ‘Set as private reply’), I will check it later,
    Thank you

dnzpete
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, the “preview text” accurate name is ‘excerpt’. the post excerpt can be generated automatically by wordpress or manual assigned by users. the excerpt you see in liquid list block is is manual assigned, it’s in the ‘excerpt’ section under post editor. if you can not find ‘excerpt’ section in editor, please open ‘screen options’ at top right and check option ‘Excerpt’.
    Best

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.