Home Forums Flowfolio WordPress Theme How to make the menu always be displayed?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sammymaudlin 2 years ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

BWSM
    Keymaster

1)Make sure the Flowfolio that you use is v1.2.1 or v1.2.2.
    Download the main.zip(Click download).

2) Unzip main.zip

3) Ftp your site, find the theme folder, it should be: Your site space / wp-content/themes/flowfolio/

4) Rplace the main.js in js folder

5)Remove the close button’s code in static page:

Find the line 22-26 in the page.php, and remove them:

<?php if(!$isAjaxReq) { ?>
    <a class="closeBtn" href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" title="<?php _e('Back Home','ux'); ?>"><span></span></a>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <a class="closeBtn" href="#" title="<?php _e('Close','ux'); ?>"><span></span></a>
    <?php } ?>
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  BWSM.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  BWSM.
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  BWSM.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  BWSM.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  BWSM.

Ricstar
    Participant

Hi Thank you for this post I have used it and works great.
    One thing though is that when a user is on a page and clicks the “close button” the website seems to load the last page that was opened previously. Is there a way to make the “close button” send the user back to the home page?

Many thanks and your theme is very nice 🙂

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Ricstar, thank you for purchasing our theme

Plesae try to remove the line 240-252 in js/main.js:

http://d.pr/i/TrJe

change the code of the line 293-297 in single.php

http://d.pr/i/TMiM

as:

<a class="closeBtn" href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" title="<?php _e('Back Home','ux'); ?>"><span></span></a>

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  BWSM.

Ricstar
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry but I did try this and it didn’t seem to work. To note I have added the changed main.js to keep the menu on all pages. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙂

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

Could you reply this post and paste your wp-admin user/password by check the “Set as private reply” option (Only me can see you post by private reply). I’ll login your wp-admin to check it.

Best

Paolo Simonetti
    Participant

Hi,
    I need main menu always be displayed also for posts, I did try to follow your suggestion on this topic and works great, the menu is always displayed, but works only for the pages. When I click on the “read more” button on a post that is on the frontpage, the menu disappear.

is there a way to display the menu also when you read a post content?

Many thanks for your help and your theme, is very nice

regards

e16
    Participant

Hi,

This works great – thank you. Just one question please..

When accessing the site from IE, we noticed several strange behaviours.

try: click other page/post – then go to home, repeat this steps
    result: when arriving back at home page
    • the menu will shift (as if the script is called several times)
    • a second set of menu will also appear
    repeat the above procedure and a third menu will appear.. etc..

Any ideas how we can stop this? Thank you!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, could you please paste your site url here? I will examine it later,
    Thank you

e16
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, I tried many time as your said on you site under IE 11 windows 7, all as normal.
    animations between pages transform may need some time, maybe you click the link too quick?
    if problem still exist, please give me more details about it, what the IE version and what OS, and could you repeat it many time?
    Thank you

e16
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we are seeing this issue through Windows 7, IE 11. So after home page loaded, click on ‘about’ then go back home. The second menu would appear.
    Thank you!

e16
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try open file page.php and find last:

<script type="text/javascript">
    </script>

and remove it.
    I will check the result later.
    Thank you
    BTW: post #4062 has marked as private.

e16
    Participant

Thank you!
    Thank you re post#4062!

OK, the javascript has been removed from the page.php
    Please let me know what else I should try? Appreciate this so much! 🙂

Thanks

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please send me a copy of the flowfolio theme your have customized to here: sweethome.shanghai@gmail.com. I will manage to test it and let you known the result.
    Thank you

e16
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, sorry about this. check previous post please.
    Thank you

e16
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, I have received your email with the file and my colleagues are testing it now. once get progress I will let you known,
    Thank you

sammymaudlin
    Participant

I have swapped in the modified main.js here http://annavocino.com and it works great….except when the gallery pictures are showing (Pics, select a gallery) and when a video is playing (Reels select a video). Here the menu still shows but when I click on it to go anywhere else (Home….) the background remains black.

I would prefer that the men simply not display when the gallery and/or video is opened. If that can’t be done then I’d like the background(s) to reappear when navigating away from pics and/or video.

Please advise.

Thanks.

BWSM
    Keymaster

I have swapped in the modified main.js here http://annavocino.com and it works great….except when the gallery pictures are showing (Pics, select a gallery) and when a video is playing (Reels select a video). Here the menu still shows but when I click on it to go anywhere else (Home….) the background remains black.

I would prefer that the men simply not display when the gallery and/or video is opened. If that can’t be done then I’d like the background(s) to reappear when navigating away from pics and/or video.

Please advise.

Sorry, I can’t check your code. I suggest you use our file.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

I do not think that you understand. I want the menu to be always present and found a solution here

http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/question-3-id-like-the-menu-to-stay-there-when-i-open-a-page-or-post

I downloaded this file as “Johnny” suggested
    Hi, please using attached(https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwosc4rcnwvkezz/flowfolio-menu-slways-shown-main.js.zip?dl=0) main.js to update file js/main.js,
    Best

And it works great except when the gallery pictures are showing (Pics, select a gallery) and when a video is playing (Reels select a video). Here the menu still shows but when I click on it to go anywhere else (Home….) the background remains black.

So I believe that I am using a main.js file modified by you.

Please advise.

Thank you.

sammymaudlin
    Participant

For anyone having the same issue, I think I solved it by setting the z-index to 999 for the following lines in the style.css:

#galleria, #galleria_post, #galleria_video_post
    .gallery_toolbar
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.