Home Forums Theone WordPress Theme How to make download link

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dashmista 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dashmista
    Participant

Hi,

1. On uxdash.com in the “Resume” section at the bottom, how can I make the button download the resume, rather than open a new tab?
    2. I tried using a button rather than a “promote” module – but the button color would not change? So I could not see the white text and box on the white background. I selected the color change in the “edit” settings, but it did not work.
    3. How can I increase the top and bottom padding of the “Resume” section?

Thank you so much!

BWSM
    Keymaster

1. add the pdf link to “Button Link”

2. deactivate “Shift Text Color for Dark Background” in resume fullwidth wrap

3. add divide modules(use blank divider type) like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec9c3walef4o6fe/QQ20150309-4.jpg?dl=0

dashmista
    Participant

Thank you so much. Colors are working now for the button. However, can you please see again the resume section – is there any way to make it easier to see the button? The background is problematic for any button color – is it possible to add a mask for the button so the text is more easily visible? Or some other solution?

Thank you

dashmista
    Participant

Also – for problem #1, when the user clicks “download resume”, it redirects the page to the resume pdf. Can it be downloaded as a file, not displayed in the browser automatically? Or at least opening in a new tab?

Thanks

BWSM
    Keymaster

is there any way to make it easier to see the button? The background is problematic for any button color – is it possible to add a mask for the button so the text is more easily visible? Or some other solution?

Try to set a white background color and shadow
    #Resume.fullwidth-wrap .moudle .ux-btn {border-color: #28282E; color: #28282E; background-color: #fff;box-shadow: 0 0 20px #111111;}

Also – for problem #1, when the user clicks “download resume”, it redirects the page to the resume pdf. Can it be downloaded as a file, not displayed in the browser automatically? Or at least opening in a new tab?

Try to use a text block (in Text mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlz45q6jldgjfl0/QQ20150310-1.jpg?dl=0), paste the code :

<div class="btn-mod-wrap btn-center">
                <a target="_blank" class="ux-btn  button-large bg-theme-color-10 bg-theme-color-7-hover" data-animationend="fadeined" download="DashielNeimark_UX-Architect.pdf" href="http://uxdash.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DashielNeimark_UX-Architect.pdf"><span class="ux-middle"><span class="ux-btn-text">Download Resume</span></span></a>
    </div>

The 2 values ( target=”_blank” and download=”DashielNeimark_UX-Architect.pdf”) are key.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  BWSM.

BWSM
    Keymaster

There is a “Test button” page for download link in you admin, you could refer it.

dashmista
    Participant

Perfect!!! Thank you so much. You guys are awesome.

dashmista
    Participant

Whoops, I discovered a problem:

On mobile, the “download resume” button is invisible until you click it. How can I fix this?

Thanks

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, I don’t clear your question.

dashmista
    Participant

When I go to uxdash.com on my phone, and scroll to the resume section, I cannot see the button “Download resume”. It is invisible.

BWSM
    Keymaster

I checked on ios and android, it is fine https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdsrhvdpxlejx23/QQ20150311-4.jpg?dl=0

dashmista
    Participant

Hmm strange. Must be a problem with my iPhone then. Well I appreciate you testing it.

dashmista
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

dashmista
    Participant

Fixed it! My apologies.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.