Home Forums Aside WordPress Theme Help customising the Aside theme.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

prfrma
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ve managed to change the background texture but I’m still a little lost on setting up adobe webkit fonts.

Also, I’m trying to get this piece of code to work:

You can see the WIP of my site here:
    http://supersampled.com/2015/

In the child .css I’ve added the code:

.gallery-images-wrap.span8{
    float: right;
    }
    .gallery-info-wrap.span4{
    position: fixed;
    }

With the aim of trying to get the left to remain in place as the images move whenever you scroll.

What would be the best way to alter the child theme so that this code worked and also kept it’s formating at mobile dimensions?

Thanks

prfrma
    Participant

This is the info I get from adobe in regards to the font:
    I’m assuming I need to hardcode the style as there isn’t an easy way to get that into the list in the aside theme cms?

JavaScript code for Supersampled

Copy the code below, and paste it into the pages on supersampled.com where the fonts and settings for your Supersampled kit will be used. Make sure it goes near the top of the <head> tag.

Default embed code Show advanced

The default embed code is simple and easy to use. It does a good job of hiding the flash of unstyled text by blocking rendering while loading. Learn more .
    If you’re using a plugin or service that asks for a Typekit Kit ID, use this: gqp4tdb

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi,
    – the custom css should be set in: /wp-content/themes/aside-child/custom.css
    – I don’t know how to use adobe typekit, there should be a guide (like the google font: http://www.google.com/fonts#UsePlace:use/Collection:Alike). Is there a url?

Best,Bwsm

prfrma
    Participant

Ok,

Managed to get the font installed via the use of a fontkit wordpress plugin – simply setting the font in the custom.css seems to override the settings in the admin panel.

I added the above css to custom.css

float: right;
    }
    position: fixed;
    }

This is what happened:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfl3mnzj2qrtxcg/Screenshot%202015-02-09%2010.16.05.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7xsv9p68zhsdwi/Screenshot%202015-02-09%2010.16.23.png?dl=0

As you can see, it kind of works (as you scroll down – the into stays pinned to the top) but the formatting is off (the images overlap with the text and the left panel)

However as you go into mobile dimensions, the image and text completely overlap instead of the correct behaviour with the images appearing after the text box.

Do you have any ideas how to solve it so that it the text stays pinned to the top for mobile and desktop dimensions – whenever we use a left sidebar page layout?

Many thanks

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi, your css code is fine, it works for desktop layout.

Please try to add the code for mobile layout:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
      float: none;
     }
      position: static;
     }
    }

prfrma
    Participant

Awesome! Or should I say BWSM!

Now, just one final thing,

If I want to the loading animation with a gif logo, how would I do this? At the moment it’s using some funky ajax, could I just remove that code or do you have something I could add to functions.php and the custom.css to point to another file?

Many thanks

prfrma
    Participant

Nevermind, I think I’ve figured it out.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Glad you solve it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.