Home Forums Fashionic WordPress Theme Gallery view, content box resize issues.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mbliss 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

mbliss
    Participant

When you click on the image on the portfolio(gallery) page, the white content box that would have the enlarged photo/text isn’t resizing correctly. The are all defaulting to 978px and I’m not sure how to fix it or change it. I attached a screenshot to show what I’m talking about.

Cheers

Johnny
    Participant

hi, paste your site url here, I will check it for you later,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

Here you go:

http://monicastyle.com/

Thanks!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please edit your portfolio page settings, set option ‘Content Page Width (Columns)’ to 5 or more, this will let your photos enlarge correctly,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

The portfolio page is set to 6 columns. If you check the page again you’ll see the issue. (I was updating the site and the pages got rearranged when you would have looked at them, my apologies.)

Johnny
    Participant

hi, your change has worked. the image size is its actual size(see attached). if you want the image more large, please update your original image with large sized.
    Best

mbliss
    Participant

I don’t want the image to be larger, this is what viewers are seeing when they visit the portfolio page. There is a large amount of white space when you click on any of the images.

mbliss
    Participant

See attached.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, if that is true please try this:
    Open file js/main.js find line 229(or about) useColumns : useColumns, // how many columns after zoomed,
    Change to useColumns : useColumns-1, // how many columns after zoomed,
    Best

mbliss
    Participant

That didn’t work, it just made the portfolio images disappear except for one random one at the bottom.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, could you please leave your ftp login info here through private mesage(check option ‘set as private reply’), I will check it for you later,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, have adjusted the box size for you, check it please,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

Perfect. Thank you! Is there a way (like a setting or something) to center the images in the box?

Cheers

Johnny
    Participant

hi, to center the images please do this:
    open file functions/include_custom_style.php, find this line .layout-stand p,.layout-stand,.entry p{ font-size:12px; font-style:normal;} , replace it with .layout-stand p,.layout-stand,.entry p{ font-size:12px; font-style:normal; text-align: center;},
    Best

mbliss
    Participant

Awesome, thanks!

mbliss
    Participant

Sorry to be a bother, but the same box sizing issue has arisen when I created separate portfolio pages. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Cheers

Johnny
    Participant

hi, presently the connect to you site manager is very slow, I will check the issue for you later,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

Ok, thank you!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, sorry for delay. its difficult to connect to you site manager with web to update files from my location. I have tred many times, all failed. could you please leaving you ftp account info here through private message,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

hi, still difficult connect to you site manager with http links from my location. please open you file js/main.js and find ‘useColumns : 3’, change the number 3 to 2 or 1 for a try,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

Yes I can try.

mbliss
    Participant

Hi, so the column resizing worked for the previous issue, but in a previous message I asked how to center the images in the boxes.
    hi, to center the images please do this:
    open file functions/include_custom_style.php, find this line .layout-stand p,.layout-stand,.entry p{ font-size:12px; font-style:normal;} , replace it with .layout-stand p,.layout-stand,.entry p{ font-size:12px; font-style:normal; text-align: center;},
    Best

I couldn’t find that anywhere in the include_custom_style.php file, I was able to find the css rule for it though and changed that. I know this may sound dumb, but now all my paragraph text is centered. I’m not sure how to fix it, because I couldn’t find that one line in the php file and it would be really nice to get this wrapped up.

Thank you!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, sorry for my fault. should be this line :
    echo '.layout-stand p,.layout-stand,.entry p{ font-size:'.$typography['size'] .'; font-style:'. $typography['style'] . ';}';,
    add text-align: center; before ‘}’,
    Thank you

mbliss
    Participant

ohhh ok! I saw that before and wondered.. Thank you so much!

Best

mbliss
    Participant

One more thing, the alignment issue with forms and <p> (if you don’t edit the alignment to left in the page/post editor) tags is now off. I’ve attached a screenshot. Sorry for all the questions!

Johnny
    Participant

hi, please try edit you contact page and adjust culumns setting or remove culumns,
    Best

mbliss
    Participant

I did try that, the forms were still centering, so I had to go change the .entry .contactform p { margin-bottom:0;} and add .entry .contactform p { margin-bottom:0; text-align: left;}. It all works now. Thank you so much for your help!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.