Home Forums Aside WordPress Theme Extending the theme

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BWSM 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zakpu
    Participant

Hi,

is there any documentation on how the theme works? I mean from the developers perspective, not the regualar setup documentation.

I want to extend it a bit. I’m a good developer but I’m no WordPress master. I usually don’t have problems with figuring out how templates work and extending them with my level of knowledge, but yours has a really huge (and impressive 🙂 ) framework behind it where its all function after function and it’s hard to find my way in it.

Any documentation explaining how it’s laid out would be useful. Or maybe just some pointers on what I’m trying to achive.

Basicly I want to use this layout for portofolio items:

http://animaskin.borealis.biz/atmosphere/

But I want the first image to be an embedded Vimeo video, rest are the usual gallery. The Vimeo video would be embedded the same way as a video post has it, a custom meta box for the video code inside the portofolio item.

I realise that this probably doesn’t fall within standard support, and I don’t expect it to either, but any help would be really great. Love the theme so far.

best,

Dennis

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Zakpu.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Dennis,

There is not the develop documentation that you said, there is the normal documentation for user in main zip.
    The site page template is in template folder. The pagebuilder template is in /functions/pagebuilder/modules folder.

If you want to add video to portfolio template, you could change the line 86 of template/single-portfolio.php

case 'vertical':

Tou could edit the post custom option in functions/theme/post/post-meta.php

Best,Bwsm

Zakpu
    Participant

Hi,

your tips were most helpful, solved it in 15 minutes, after I read them!

http://animaskin.borealis.biz/atmosphere/

thank you very much and keep up the great work.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Glad you solved it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.