Home Forums Travel WordPress Theme Comprehensive Google Map plugin not working and tinyMCE html not OK

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  crienoloog 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

crienoloog
    Participant

First, I like the the design but the theme has some serious issues.
    The Tiny MCE text next to photos is not correct.
    The Comprehensive Google Map is not working – I presume this has to do with Ajax or conflicting CSS?

I would appreciate if you could have a look at this…
    Thanks,
    Eric

criens.nl

BWSM
    Keymaster

Thank you for reminding me, we would like to improve our theme.

I am not clear your question:”The Tiny MCE text next to photos is not correct.”. Could You please give more details or screenshot?

For map issue, I tested again, it is ok. Could paste your wp-admin by Set as private reply, I can check your site

Best

crienoloog
    Participant

TinyMCE; you can place text either left or right of a photo but your stylesheet will not allow this and discards the style.
    Map; yes your map is working fine but I like to use a different advanced Google Map plugin called Comprehensive Google Map. This plugin can make a page with all map positions of all blog pages.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Please add the css code to last line of style.css:

.entry img.alignleft{ float:left; margin-right:10px; margin-bottom:10px; }
    .entry img.alignright{ float:right; margin-left:10px; margin-bottom:10px;}
    .entry img.aligncenter{ margin:0 auto; }
    .entry img.alignnone,.entry img.alignleft,.entry img.alignright,.entry img.aligncenter{ height:auto; }

I installed the plugin “Comprehensive Google Map”, but I can not find the right kml url(http://d.pr/i/IJ6N). For saving time, could you plz paste your shorcode here? I can make a test.

crienoloog
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

I tested the plugin “Comprehensive Google Map”, it is conflict with Travel theme.

I did not find the reason. I need to google ahout ajax and Comprehensive Google Map.

crienoloog
    Participant

OK…
    This CGM plugin is pretty important to me. Sorry to say but you can imagine that the freedom it has for me to use is more important then your map insert.
    Thanks for the work.

crienoloog
    Participant

Have you come any closer to a solution to get this important plugin to get working?
    I hope you don’t give up… I’ve read more people want the blog positions all collected on one page, which this plugin can do.
    Thanks.

BWSM
    Keymaster

We are looking for the solution.
    Please leave your mail, we’ll let you know if it is found

crienoloog
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

The Travel wp theme was updated. Please go to Themeforest http://themeforest.net download the latest version.

For Comprehensive Google Map, you need to change the template after download the theme, the CGM plugin is conflict with map function of Travel:

1)In functions.php, remove the line41-42 code:

wp_enqueue_script( 'ux-map-load-ggserver' );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'ux-jqueryuimap' );

2) Forbid the ajax load
    2a) If you use the CGM plugin in standard post(Load from timeline list), active “Disable Ajax Load Post in Timeline” in themeoption
    2b) If you use the CGM plugin in static page(load the page from menu), please set noajax for the menu item:
    You should enter “noajax” in LinkRelationship (XFN) box. Screenshot:http://d.pr/i/OIaK
    Tips:
    If the XFN box is not displayed in your menu panel, you could find it in the “ScreenOptions”.
    You could find the section page and menu in pdf

crienoloog
    Participant

Thank you…
    It is almost working…
    I think something in the CSS is still working against it. If you go to criens.nl you will see that in the window of the map only the left/top tile of a map get rendered – go to ” where am I ” or ” who am I ” static page/menu. I turned ajax of and deleted both lines in function.php. The same happens in the posts…

Further I have some remarks about the update;
    – you changed something in the CSS of the background images…. these are taken out of proportion for horizontal screen on tablet or laptop… or vertical screen of tablet. It was better in the former version.
    – the “pin-it” logo is shown on the news post but not on the timeline. Besides in the Theme Options it still mentioned that the logo need to be inserted. This is wrong in more templates/pages.

Is it possible to put a Comp.GoogleMap in the place were your map is normally in a “gallery news post”?
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  crienoloog.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

You are welcome.

I saw the issue in your link. I tested again in my local by the shortcode. It’s fine. Please try to change some map settings

I’ll check pin-it, and fix it soon.

Is it possible to put a Comp.GoogleMap in the place were your map is normally in a “gallery news post”? Yes, it is possible.

Change the code between </div><!–End gallery_tip_wrap–> and </div><!–End gallery_tip–> (http://d.pr/i/x219) of single.php as:

<div id="map_canvas" class="map rounded"><?php the_content(); ?></div>

Put your map shortcode in gallery post content area like: http://d.pr/i/GjOJ

Note the width/height is width="460" height="120"

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  BWSM.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  BWSM.

crienoloog
    Participant

Hi – ok it is a little weird because the old map coordinate fields are still above the edit page… not very nice aesthetically, but OK it works…

You want to have a look urgently at the CSS for a vertical tablet when looking at the gallery page.
    Maybe you want to use this handy tool: http://lab.maltewassermann.com/viewport-resizer/

Also the tablet CSS for the background photos is not correctly – photo are re-sized wrong when changing from horizontal to vertical viewpoint.

Listen, I am pretty sure of your good intentions for producing a really unique theme but I have to be very critical and if, as a customer I pay a pretty middle price [$40] I think I am entitled to get a quality product. Other themes in this price range have often more functionality but certainly more quality to offer.
    I think seeing your updates and coding quality are sloppy and not up this price.
    If not for the design, I would certainly request my money back. Sorry
    On behalves of potential new customers, please raise your quality and control/testing of what you deliver.

Thanks.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

I am very sorry for your inconvenience, we will consider the upgrade

The gallery have to be cropped for different size screen. Or the image scale would be imbalance. There is the “show whole image” option in gallery post editing(http://d.pr/i/W5yc). It means the image would be fit to screen.

Best

crienoloog
    Participant

BWSM, the problem I mentioned with the background photos being scaled wrongly, I wasn’t speaking off the gallery. Yes I found the option too. No I was speaking of the main “HOME” content background, and it has mainly to do that the responsive CSS for horizontal / vertical tablet is not correct and scaling the photos out of proportion.

I am a professional WordPress website builder and have bought many themes from other designers and build sites for many clients. When I speak about sloppy coding, I mean that there has to be a certain testing that everything is working… sure there are always small bugs and minor problems that can be overlooked but I don’t think we should be your bug/theme testers.

In my past career as IT project manager, I had many software testing personnel to check for mistakes before we had a new version going out to clients. Having to put up with your work and sloppy coding is not an inconvenience. It is unacceptable.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.