Home Forums Blogary WordPress Theme Changing the size of the logo

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  radicalnutrition 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

steosx
    Participant

Hi, I would need some info on the changes to the template, how do I change the size of the logo?
    I should also remove some things from the sidebar, I’ve created a category for the slider will take away home but I would like the sidebar, as well as the Recent Comments and Meta, I am grateful if you give me some advice on this.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

– change the width value by the css code:
    .logo-image {max-width: 120px;}
    You could add the changed css code to wp-admin/theone/general settings/custom css

– The page could be set sidebar. You could create a page, set page template / blog list

Best,Bwsm

steosx
    Participant

I like template “Blogary” how do I change the logo in the version smartphone?

Is there a way to change the second line that appears in the slider, instead of the category to display a subtitle?

Or is there a comprehensive guide to be able to intervene on the template?

Thanks for your patience

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi

– change the max width value by the css code:
    .responsive-ux #logo img { max-width: 120px;}
    Add the changed css code to wp-admin/theone/general settings/custom css

– Is your meaning like the screenshot?
    If it is, please use the css code:
    .top-unit-meta {display:none}

– There is user documentation in main zip file.

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

steosx
    Participant

Thanks, I managed to change the logo, but it does not work the custom css, I have the theme Blogary …
    How do I enlarge the slogan in homepage? I’m sorry I’ve never used wordpress and am trying to figure it out …
    Stefano

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi you are welcome, don’t worry, I’ll help you to use the theme.

You said the custom css not work. I need to login your wp-admin to check it, so please leave your wp-admin(url/user/pass) as private reply, I’ll log in to check it.

For 2nd question, did you mean to make the slogan fonts larger size? If it is, you could use the css in custom css(change the size value as you want):

#slogan {
    font-size: 1.2em;
    }

Best,Bwsm

steosx
    Participant

hello,
    I am preparing everything locally with XAMPP, but I found many differences between the demo site and the template that I’ve uploaded, you can send me the instructions to fix the part of the comment of the post, the box name and email behave differently from the site, does not resize properly …
    (http://ximudesign.com/blogary/2014/09/19/key-features/)

I would also serve the stretching the image to the rollover.
    (http://ximudesign.com/blogary/)

How can I make a post like this? (http://ximudesign.com/blogary/2014/10/01/another-standard-post/)

thanks
    Stefano

steosx
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I can not explain … maybe I’ll send you the pictures are clearer … tell me if these changes are feasible?
    Thank you very much
    Stefano

steosx
    Participant

Continued…

BWSM
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I can not explain … maybe I’ll send you the pictures are clearer … tell me if these changes are feasible?

– for footer widget question: did you mean that show 3 cols? If it is, it needs custom code, i’ll write a guide later

– for font style of logged: please use the css(put it in wp-admin/theone/general settings/custom css ):
    #content_wrap p.logged { font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif; font-size:12px; }

– for feature post, show first category only: please use the css code:

.top-unit-meta > a { visibility: hidden; }
    .top-unit-meta > a:first-child { visibility: visible; }

– for align mail/name input box of comment. Try to close all plugin, it maybe caused by some plugin.

– for lightbox, i did not clear your question. Did you mean that change it like portfolio post in blog list? the white blank of lightbox can not be removed.

– for image border: try to edit the image, add the className as screeshot attacehed
    add the css for border style:
    .img-border{border: 2px solid #333;padding: 2px;}

steosx
    Participant

1- OK thanks
    2- I do not have these files, and if I create them does not work (wp-admin/theone/general settings/custom css)
    3- OK I take a test
    4- All plugin is closed… I test on macintosh 10.4, Safari 4.1.3
    5- When the mouse is over the box that you would like to enlarge/move as the “demo site” and click (rollout) to open the slide as in the screenshot 06.
    6- OK I take a test

Thanks,
    Stefano

BWSM
    Keymaster

2- I do not have these files, and if I create them does not work (wp-admin/theone/general settings/custom css)

I mean is : go to wp-admin, click “blogary” of left bar, click General settings, find custom css and enter the custom css code into it.
    FW: other custom css could pasted here like 6

4- All plugin is closed… I test on macintosh 10.4, Safari 4.1.3

I checked on my safari, it’s ok. Do you test on chrome or firefox?
    I need to check your actual website. When your site is online, I’ll check it more.

5- When the mouse is over the box that you would like to enlarge/move as the “demo site” and click (rollout) to open the slide as in the screenshot 06.

Mouse on what box you pointed?? Screenshot 5 is a lightbox opened already. Did you mean that how to create the posrtfolio or lightbox? You need to create a portfolio post and set images as screenshot.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  BWSM.

BWSM
    Keymaster

– for footer widget question: did you mean that show 3 cols? If it is, it needs custom code, i’ll write a guide later

You need a code editor(like Dreamwaver…) to edit the template.

1) Before edit template, please bakup them first.

2) edit../wp-content/themes/blogary/template/global/footer.php to re-set the size of columns:
    change line 4 as: <div class="row-fluid">
    change line 5 as: <div class="span3">
    change line 41 as: <div class="span9">

3) ../wp-content/themes/blogary/js/custom.theme.js to re-limit the number of of columns:
    change line647-657 as:

if(themeData.footerWidget.length){
    if(themeData.footerWidget.length >= 3){
    	themeData.footerWidget.addClass('span4');
    }		
    themeData.footerWidget.each(function(index){
    if(index >= 3){
    	$(this).remove();
    }
    });
    }

4) add some padding by css:

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
     #footer .container { width: 90%; }
    }

deek
    Participant

Hi BWSM,

None of my customcss is working.
    1. I want to change logo size
    2. I want to change Link colour in header, etc- I have changed the theme and in back end it shows the colour change but it is not reflecting on the website.
    3. I am trying to install the side bar
    4. Installing the featured image slider- but I presume once I set featured image it will start picking up the pictures.

I can PM you my WP admin id in case you want to jump on in.

Please confirm asap as we don’t want many changes structurally but just need to customize a few bits and we should be ready to go.

Best,
    Deek

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi Deek,
    I did not understand the question 4. Please give more details. Did you mean how to make the top feature(as the screenshot) shown?
    please leave your wp-admin(url/user/pass) as private reply, I’ll log in to check it.

Best,Bwsm
    Follow on @uiueux to get update news!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  BWSM.

deek
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hi deek, please use the topic http://www.uiueux.com/forums/topic/to-deek/ talk about questions. This topic is too long.

Thanks!

parmen
    Participant

Hi BWSM,

I’d like to change the logo size,
    can you please help me?

Best,
    mario

BWSM
    Keymaster

Please leave your page url

parmen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

BWSM
    Keymaster

Please paste the style code to Custom Css:

logo-image {
      max-width: 600px;
    }

@media (max-width: 480px) {
    .responsive-ux #logo img {
      max-width: 320px;
    }
    }

parmen
    Participant

Thank you,
    It’s still very small, any chance to make it bigger?

BWSM
    Keymaster

increase max-width value

radicalnutrition
    Participant

Hello, I’m a new Blogary user and new to WP in general, so I’m still figuring things out. Love your theme!
    I followed your details above for changing the logo size and it worked like a charm 🙂 Can you tell me how to do the same for the footer logo?
    Thanks

BWSM
    Keymaster

Hello, I’m a new Blogary user and new to WP in general, so I’m still figuring things out. Love your theme!
    I followed your details above for changing the logo size and it worked like a charm 🙂 Can you tell me how to do the same for the footer logo?

Thanks!

Please use the custom css: (change the max width value)

.logo-footer-img {
    max-width: 140px;
    }

radicalnutrition
    Participant

Great, thanks!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.