Home Forums Bee WordPress Theme Captions for all images

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

maciana
    Participant

Hi,

is there a way to add captions to all images (e.g. for image credits)?

Best regards

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, could you please show me which page and which image you want to add caption? a screenshot would be better.
    Thank you

maciana
    Participant

Hi, I would like to add captions on the following modules / pages / post types

• Latest / Related Posts
    • Blog
    • Image Post

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    -image post, open file single-template.php and find this:
    <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail(get_the_ID(), 'full'); ?>
    update it to:
    <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail(get_the_ID(), 'full', array('title' => get_the_title(get_post_thumbnail_id()))); ?>
    -latest posts, open file functions/functions-part4.php and find this:

<div class="fade_wrap">
    <a class="lightbox" data-rel="post<?php the_ID(); ?>" href="<?php echo $thumb_src_full[0]; ?>">

update it to:

<div class="fade_wrap">
    <a class="lightbox" data-rel="post<?php the_ID(); ?>" href="<?php echo $thumb_src_full[0]; ?>" title="<?php echo get_the_title(); ?>">

-blog, titles already there while mouse over images.
    Best

maciana
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the information. But I meant an image caption – WP short code [caption]. I managed to add a caption for the image post and latest post by using this function. But this doesn’t work for the blog page.

Do you have any suggestions on how to adjust this for the blog page?

Best regards!

maciana
    Participant

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, did you mean you want using previous post link functions to implement image’s caption? if this is true, I am afraid you can not do that, also I can not help you abut this.
    Thank you

maciana
    Participant

No, I meant that the function described works for the latest post module and the single page images, but it doesn’t work for the blog page (masonry). I would like the caption to be displayed under the image, just like on the latest post (s. image).

If you tell me where I can modify how the image post on the blog page are displayed, I can go from there.

Thanks!

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, sorry for me misunderstand you. you can check the code here: functions/functions-view-module.php line 256 or about.
    Best

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.