- January 14, 2015 at 5:06 pm #5943
Thanks for creating the awesome Real theme. I am using the theme to build my dear friend a website for her food-products. I am quite new to creating sites with wordpress, and therefor I have a couple of questions regarding some functions of Real.
1. I can’t seem to figure out how I can show the latest article(with picture) on the big picture on the home page.
2. Where can I upload the logo for the site
3. What is the easiest way to translate the theme to Dutch, the language of my visitors.
Hope you can help me out!
Thanks again.January 15, 2015 at 3:26 am #5947
Thanks for using our theme 🙂
1. You need to add new page, enable “Page template”, you could choose the post in “Post For Cover”
2. log in wp-admin, find and click the “Real” on left bar, click “General Settings”, make sure the “Enable Plain Text Logo” is off, upload the logo from “Custom Logo”
3. For some strings, log in wp-admin, find and click the “Real” on left bar, click “General Settings”, find Descriptions and change as your strings. For others static strings, please refer:
3.1. recommended to download PO Edit here. After installing the PO Edit please follow the following steps:
3.2. Open the /Real/languages/ folder and duplicate the default.po file, then rename it to your desired language code. For example, for German you need to rename it as de_DE.po for Spanish es_ES.po for Turkish tr_TR.po etc. You could find all the codes here.
3.3. Open the .po file in PO Edit, you will see all strings that need to be translated. Type the translation of a string into the “Translation” column. Do not delete or edit “Original string” part.
3.4. After finish translating, save the file, an .mo file would be created in the same directory.
Upload the new files into the languages folder of the theme /wp-content/themes/pinpoint/languages/ and then follow this guide: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language#Single-Site_Installations.
Note: You will notice the content of “default.po” is very complex, you could use the reduced version named “defaule_frontend.po” to edit necessary strings which will be show on front end.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.