Home Forums Travel WordPress Theme Audio overlapping issue

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Nooriji
    Participant

http://the.way.is is set up with audio and video files.
    Click first the audio player and then the video post.

Audio of video and mp3 overlap, when one doesn’t pause the audio player.
    I mentioned this issue already before purchasing and would like to know, when this issue will be fixed ?

Best

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please try this, open file js/main.js and find this line:
    transition:function(transitionUrl) {
    right after it add this:

jQuery('video, audio').each(function () {
        jQuery(this).get(0).pause();
    });

Best

Nooriji
    Participant

Hi,

with this addition the mp3 pauses with any post that opens, not only the video post… and this is very pity compared to how it was before with ongoing music while surfing the site.

Is there a better workaround where audio pauses ONLY when a video is started, but not when a normal post or gallery is chosen?

Best

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, sorry about this. it’s defficult to determine the post content from client script.
    Thank you

Nooriji
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Nooriji
    Participant

Hi,

with the suggested addition another issue showed up : When the video player is set to auto play,the audio of the mp4 starts immediately while the video is loading . And when the video finally plays the audio track can be heard with a delay a second time.
    When the post is closed, the first audio track of the mp4 continues playing even when clicking on another mp3 file.

Best

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, please first try disable the video autoplay and find what will happen. any problem please let me knonw,
    Thank you

Nooriji
    Participant

When auto play is disabled, then it doesn’t happen.

I removed form min.’s your suggested addition
    jQuery(‘video, audio’).each(function () {
    jQuery(this).get(0).pause();
    });

and the problem with autoplay persisted. So that’s a flaw that existed before.

For the video player I use the http://wordpress.org/plugins/videojs-html5-video-player-for-wordpress/ , a quite common plugin with more than 170’000 downloads.

I have set up at http://the.way.is the intro page with mp3 on the top, then a video with autoplay=On and below another video with autoplay=Off

You will see, that
    1. the mp3 will continue playing regardless of a selected video.
    2. the audio of the Video autoplay=On will continue playing even when the video is paused. (I use this player on other sites and never had this problem)
    3. the audio of the Video autoplay=On will stop, when the next video with autoplay=Off is selected.

Because I am on a deadline to show to participants a functioning solution:
    Desperately needed is an On/Off function, where any actual selected audio containing file overrides the former audio of any mp3/mp4/ogg/webm file.
    And the issue with autoplay=On and the audio loaded separately needs to be solved.

regards
    Peter

Johnny
    Participant

Hi,
    1. it would be better don’t remove the code snippet, otherwise, the mp3 will cotinue playing.
    2. when you turn on autoplay with video, your plugins will take over controls of player, that’s mean our script will lost the control.
    3. disable autoplay maybe a defect to you, but you cannot eat your cake and have it.
    Best

Nooriji
    Participant

Hi,

disabling autoplay of all videos is not a problem – I can expect that the user clicks the play button.

But, and this is a BIG BUT :
    Your code snippet stops the mp3 file with EVERY post. And this is definitely not what I wanted. So I will not add it in that form.

The Travel theme was chosen as an Ajax solution, where the audio can play continuously (like background music) while clicking through the posts.
    The audio overlapping issue, which also exists with your embedded Youtube and Vimeo, was already mentioned in Themeforest as a Pre-Purchase question and you agreed to check and fix it.

If “fixing” means now to discard completely the above mentioned mp3 functionality , then it is utmost disappointing. Especially because I tested several other Ajax Themes thorougly and know, how this issue is handled without flaw.

The user wants to eat the cake (= watch video) without being forced to suddenly remember, where eventually many posts before the main course (= mp3 ) was .
    Just imagine, that a playing mp3 is in a different menu than an embedded Youtube/Vimeo clip. Then for muting the mp3 the user has to search where the mp3 file was. He HAS TO remember because he cannot even use the ‘Back’ button.

So because you can’t provide a functioning solution for self-hosted videos, there is only one detour left: Using the template with embedded Youtube and Vimeo.

The question is, whether you will fix at least satisfactory the overlapping issue for the embedded Youtube and Vimeo ?

regards
    Peter

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, after read you comment above, I have known why things became complicated. as your said ‘(like background music)’, you expect the player with background music feature. but this is a glitch with this theme that mislead you. the original design has not the background music feature. sorry again about this.
    Best

Nooriji
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Johnny
    Participant

Hi, Custom logo here: Appearance/Theme Options/General/Custom logo.
    and change its link at the bottom from file header.php.
    Thank you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.